Web Access Protection blocking LAN Cam

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aairon, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aairon

aairon Registered Member

Hello I Have been able to access my security cam, web page by using the IP and port #, but now I have to disable the web access protection to allow it to communicate.
    It's odd, in that the static part of the cam web page, display, like the buttons for instance, but the actual video seems to be blocked.
    I can go into the advanced setup and unchecked all box's within the web access protection setup, with the exception of the choice of either signature or heuristic checking, but it still blocks the video and streaming audio.
    If I disable the HTTP checking of course that opens it up, but that also seems to disable the entire web protection.
    I would dearly love to enter the camera in the exceptions, but can't see how to enter a web address there.
    Any ideas?
    PLEASE remember I am saying that, with everything else remaining the same, firewall etc..., I cannot get streaming video or audio from a LAN cam, but if, and ONLY IF, I disable web access protection, can I get the video and audio.
    Any help would be much appreciated, I search on the forums here also used the search function but couldn't find an answer.
    :doubt:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you use a specific application to watch the streaming video, exclude it from checking. If you watch it through a browser, capture the http traffic using Wireshark and let me know when done so that I can provide you further instructions. As a workaround, you can use a different browser excluded from http checking to watch the video. I'll also need to know what OS and applications you have installed so create a log from SysInspector that you'll provide me when you have the Wireshark pcap log ready.

3. aairon

aairon Registered Member

Outstanding, I will get that info for you.
    I didn't know exactly what you needed but now that I do I can post in a moment. Thanks for helping. I am using the camera now with the HTTP checking disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.