weatherbug

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sofire, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sofire

sofire Registered Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble with NOD32 not being able to delete two viruses which were installed from weatherbug, which comes with AIM. I'm pretty sure its not anything serious but it's annoying to be doing something then all of the sudden a big red screen pops up(AMON picks it up somehow), and I can't do anything besides click the close button.

I can't find the files on my computer anywhere, this is what NOD32 finds during a in-depth scan:
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7BD4FE13-2A9B-4F1C-99A1-35153B360B28}\RP9\A0001040.exe »WISE »WxBug.EXE »WISE »MiniBugTransporter.dll - Win32/Adware.WBug.A application

and

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7BD4FE13-2A9B-4F1C-99A1-35153B360B28}\RP9\A0001042.EXE »WISE »MiniBugTransporter.dll - Win32/Adware.WBug.A application

When it pops up to warn me of the viruses I can't do anything besides click leave, and I tried using killbox to locate and delete the files but it couldn't find them.

Any help on how to get rid of these?
    Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi sofire, welcome to Wilders.

Please turn off System Restore: Note by turning OFF System Restore you will NOT be able to ROLL BACK your computer to the current state it is in.

Windows XP Instructions (reference with screen images)

1. Right click on the “My Computer” icon on the Windows desktop.

2. Click “Properties”.

3. Click on the “System Restore”.

4. Place a tick in “Turn off System Restore on all Drives”.

5. Click OK.

6. Close and RESTART your system.

Then please check your NOD32 settings against those found HERE

After this run a further scan with NOD32 by clicking on the NOD32 Control Centre> NOD32> Run NOD32> Scan and Clean.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    A suggestion to think about a 3rd party instant message client..as the relatively new AIM "Triton" packs some adware in it.

Might want to consider Trillian, GAIM, Miranda... :cool:

5. sofire

sofire Registered Member

Ok, I turned off system restore and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Also, the only reason I use aim is because I use deadaim. I'll just use aim versions before 5.5 which is when they grouped with weatherbug.
    I would use gaim but it has problems with transfering files with regular aim users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.