Wave Advertising scam

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by xxJackxx, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

We have received a fax (and a phone call too) from Wave Advertising attempting to collect fees to close an account when we have never done business with them. It says we have 7 days to pay $789.99 per our account closure request. We have never heard of these people before today. Obviously a scam. My boss would like me to report them. Any suggestion as to who I can report them too?

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

If you happen to be in Canada (or have reason to believe they're located here), best resource is probably PhoneBusters, a joint RCMP-OPP task force specializing in fraud cases ... at one time they had a subsection specifically dedicated to so-called Nigerian (prepayment) scams. Their history is interesting, apparently they got started when it was found that the North American end of the operations were apparently HQ'd in Toronto.

Sorry, just googled and they've reorganized ... they're now the Anti-Fraud Centre.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. The address on their fax is Wilmington, DE so they are in the U.S. Their site is hosted on godaddy. I'm thinking about contacting them as well about the issue. I filed a complaint on the Consumer Fraud Reporting site. I am assuming Wave Advertising got our info from the registrar information for our website, so don't be terribly surprised if you have a website and hear from them. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.