Waterfox v13 or 13.1 ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by twl845, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

My question is whether Mozilla has RELEASED Waterfox as Version 13 yet. I went to their download site and they show Version 13 PL1. What's PL1 stand for? Is that a pre release or the final release? When I click "check for updates" it says I am using V12 which is the current version. Thanks in advance for the answer. :)

2. kikesan

kikesan Registered Member

Hi,

PL1 is a more recent version, it was released because there was a bug in the original v13 version. I suggest you to download it from their website, more info here: http://waterfoxproject.org/news/42/15/Waterfox-13-PL1-Available.html

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Mozilla has nothing to do with Waterfox - it is developed by someone else, not by Mozilla.

PL1 stands for Patch-Level 1 (updated version, bug fix...etc). It's the final version not a beta.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

According to Mr Alex, Waterfox PL1 is a fix for the GUI bug. If you didn't suffer from the GUI bug it's not necessary, apparently.

Waterfox is not an official Mozilla release (thank god).

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

OK thanks to all. My original attempt to update to V 13 a while ago was very unstable so I reverted to a previous snapshot and kept V12. I hope this PL1 is better. :)

6. Daveski17

OK. Please tell me how it runs. I haven't had much time to use my 64 bit PC & Waterfox 13 seems fine so far. However, I have downloaded the PL1 installer just in case. I don't know whether to run it yet though. I really am not sure what the infamous GUI bug is.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

After a few days running WF13 PL1 it seems flawless. I particularly like clicking the new tab to see your last 6 sites which you can save to stay. :)

8. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

It's a problem that occurs when starting Waterfox. Usually, it starts up okay. If you quit the program, and re-open it, you get a small window, which if re-sized is utterly blank.
    It hasn't happened to me, but it has to a couple of friends. The PL1 release worked well for them.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  9. Daveski17

OK thanks for the information. :thumb:

10. Daveski17

Cool. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.