Waterfox and Privazer \ CCleaner...

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by guest, Nov 8, 2017.

1. guest

guest Guest

Hey everyone, doubt many of y'all have this problem but here goes! I use Waterfox, a bit more streamlined cousin of Firefox... First I'm wondering what users of WF think, as so far it's fine.

Second thing though, is that for some reason with the latest update, the roaming folder in explorer changed. Instead of being in Mozilla like FF, it's been changed to it's own folder titled Waterfox. Problem is, Privazer AND CCleaner isn't cleaning \ touching it! Now I'll clear out the history during standard maintenance, but was curious if I'm losing out on any additional security or maintenance benefits by it now being skipped by those apps.

If so, I'm guessing until Privazer and or CCleaner update their programs to compensate, it's either stick with the current setup or go back to FF... Your thoughts as always, are welcome!

2. monkeylove

monkeylove Registered Member

I use Waterfox, and it's great (I moved from Cyberfox).

Instead of CCleaner, I used the internal clean-up program in Win 8.1, but now I'm trying the free version of Wise Cleaner. For cleaning the browser contents, I use addons like eCleaner.

3. WarGames

WarGames Registered Member

No need to wait.
    For PrivaZer just add waterfox here:
    From Privazer start screen click advanced options.
    Then click the fourth tab 'internet browsing'
    Under 'custom user profiles and portable versions' click on one of the drop downs and change it to firefox.
    Then browse to your waterfox profile and PrivaZer will then clean it.
    See screenshot
    privazer.JPG

4. WarGames

For ccleaner right click on ccleaner shortcut on your desktop.
    Click properties and open file location.
    This will open ccleaner install location.
    find the file ccleaner.ini (it may just be called ccleaner if you hide known file types)
    Open with text editor of your choice.
    If you already have a CustomLocation1, change the following to CustomLocation2
    Add this line after all the (App) lines:

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Waterfox\Profiles\ghyp548t.default

Make sure you change my location to where your profile is stored.
    With ccleaner it also has to be to the actual full folder location (the one that ends default in the waterfox profiles directory) otherwise it wont clean.

Then ccleaner will clean waterfox :)

5. kaljukass

kaljukass Registered Member

Of course will begin not clean, why should? If you do not believe, try before begin to recommend.

6. WarGames

CCleaner will clean waterfox. I should know, it does for me.
    What I said was, that you need to make sure you change my location on the line i posted,to your full location to work.
    Why don't YOU try it before saying it wont work.

7. zoneD2D

zoneD2D Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.