Waterfox 24 is available

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Victek, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Just like Cyberfox (was my favorite because of his prompt updates) and Pale Moon, for some reason the x64 variants don't appear to have any benefit on my build. As I've mentioned here before, when I first started using Cyberfox, my Speed-Battle scores hit over 1100. Months ago though they dropped into the 900s. I ask, philosophically, was it a Windows update, a Firefox update? Who knows? Anyway, this morning I installed Wf. Best score was 948. Ran one Ff and the score was 1083. None of this is noticeable of course, however, I can't see any advantage in using a x64 variant, especially since they all boast of increased performance. And yes, my system is running x64 as Windows verifies and is verified by numerous software updates that automatically detect it. I wish I knew why the x64 are less efficient! Guys and gals, test Ff and x64s on your machine at Speed-Battle. I must warn you though, this link will immediately just "test" your machine so be aware of that! One other thing, in testing the link I discovered it will give you a much lower score. Like 100+ lower. I suggest copying the link and then just run it from a bookmark.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

ratchet,

FWIW I'm scoring 1300+ on the overall score with Pale Moon 24.0.2 32bit. My specs are in my signature. I've been leery of trying Pale Moon 64 bit because of the warnings on the download page.

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

That is awesome. I have W7 Sp1 home or whatever it is called. A SSD and 8gs of RAM. Sandboxie, Norton A-V and Malwarebytes (running). My paid ISP speed is 10mbs. I still don't understand what the performance gains are x64!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.