was unable to restore any system files or the Sytem state

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shams1, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shams1

shams1 Registered Member

Hi,:oops:

I had a system crash last night, but was unable to resore the system state or any the system files from the Acronis Startup manager, on booting. (1) On restoring files from the image, I got an error message indicating error reading memory location no.. so and so. When I click the "retry", the Startup Manger reboots and then I push F11 again. (2) Then I tried to resore the whole image of the system state, I get the error message: "Backup of this type can't be restored from a removable media". Although the image isn't in any removable media.This is a sad and terrible situation. Plaese help if you have the knowledge of the problem.

I'm using Acronis True Image 11 and have my Sysem state image backed up in my Acronis zone, located in my second internal HD.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Do you have anuy backup images not stuck in a hidden partition like the Secure Zone? Do you have any whole disk backups?

3. shams1

shams1 Registered Member

Dear friend,;)

I didn't say that I was booting from CD. Also ,as I said, I only have my System state image backed up in my Acrons zone, located in my second internal Hd and I was trying to recover it by lunching the Recovery Manager, before the Windows, by pressing the F11.

Best regards

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I didn't mean to suggest that you had used the bootCD. In fact, I'm not sure if system state is even an option from the bootCD. But rebooting and using the Boot CD are not much diff -- both are giving you a boot up into linux and I'm not sure System State can work that way. IN any even, it sounds like booting into ATI11's implementaiton of linux isn't workable on your system. I sounds like you should contact Tech support and open a case.

Meanwhile, if you had a full disk backup, you could be back in business in a few minutes, either with an ATI bootCD, if it worked on your PC, or via a vistaPE disk.
    Whatever method you rely upon for restoration when you have robs, you absolutely need to test it before you actually have to rely on it. No software imageing/backup programs are so reliable that they don't need to be tested on the system on each user that is going to rely on them.

5. Lofty1958

Lofty1958 Registered Member

Shams I had the same problem today. IF you can get into windows then it will restore from Acronis Secure Zone. Why it doesnt restore from a boot disc is beyond me. Perhaps someone can explain why?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lofty1958,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please be aware that System State type backup operates using Windows services. Since Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) uses Linux environment, it's impossible to restore System State backup from it, as Windows services aren't present.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.