Was the image creation successful (TI 8.0)?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Solittle, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solittle

Solittle Registered Member

I am attempting my first full disk image creation using TI version 8.0 build 786 on a Windows XP Pro desktop with two hard drives. I have used version 7.0 successfully for about a year. I used the default options. The creation appeared to run succesfully in that the drop down screen with the % completion bars seemed to run normally to 100%. I did not get a confirmation screen that the image was created successfully. I checked the log and the last entry was - Pending operation - 104 started "creating partition image." There were no indications of an error but no indications that it was successful either. A tif file was created but is somewhat smaller than I anticipated.

When I went to shut down the computer I got a message about some kind of Acronis problem (I forget the detail) as part of the windows shut down process.

Any clues? I am concerned as I don't want to rely on a faulty backup and don't know how to check it.

2. jimmytop

jimmytop Registered Member

The software has a feature to verify the image. Run the verification and see if it's corrupt image file....

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Solittle,

First of all, restart TI and create a new image. Hopefully this will then complete and exit properly. Secondly, I would strongly recommend that you update to the latest build (791). Earlier builds had intermittent problems with the Acronis scheduler services (needed to create images) not starting or not stopping/exiting properly.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.