Was JavaCool homepage ever hijacked ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Serengetti, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serengetti

Serengetti Registered Member

This may seem like a crazy question, but a couple of years ago when I had to update the Spywareblaster engine in order to continue to receive updates, I went to what I was sure was the Javacool website homepage, but ended up on a page written in Chinese. I immediately left the page without delay. I went to the Wilderssecurtiy forum and could not find any threads about any such problems. Notwithstanding, I never updated the engine, and have not used Spywareblaster since. I want to resume using it. So, could someone please have pity on my fearful mind and tell me if there was ever a hijack or other nefarious interference with the Javacool website. Thank-you very, very much !!!

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I'm using Spywareblaster and everything is fine, I don't know about the site getting hijacked, but I think I know what happened, when searching javacool on google, javacool[dot]net is one of the top sites(and it has chinese characters), but the official site is www.javacoolsoftware.com ;)

3. Serengetti

Serengetti Registered Member

To BoerenkoolMetWorst: Re.: "Was Javacool homepg. ever hijacked?" -- Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the explanation. I have not been able to return to the internet until today, so I apologize for the delay in thanking you. I went to javacool today and dwnld'ed Spywareblaster. I like the new modern look and everything is working beautifully. Yours truly, Serengetti

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

No need to apologize :)
    Wow, that's a long time without internet, some people wouldn't survive that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.