Was JavaCool homepage ever hijacked ?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Serengetti, Mar 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serengetti

Serengetti Registered Member

This may seem like a crazy question, but a couple of years ago when I had to update the Spywareblaster engine in order to continue to receive updates, I went to what I was sure was the Javacool website homepage, but ended up on a page written in Chinese. I immediately left the page without delay. I went to the Wilderssecurtiy forum and could not find any threads about any such problems. Notwithstanding, I never updated the engine, and have not used Spywareblaster since. I want to resume using it. So, could someone please have pity on my fearful mind and tell me if there was ever a hijack or other nefarious interference with the Javacool website. Thank-you very, very much !!!

2. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I'm using Spywareblaster and everything is fine, I don't know about the site getting hijacked, but I think I know what happened, when searching javacool on google, javacool[dot]net is one of the top sites(and it has chinese characters), but the official site is www.javacoolsoftware.com ;)

3. Serengetti

Serengetti Registered Member

To BoerenkoolMetWorst: Re.: "Was Javacool homepg. ever hijacked?" -- Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the explanation. I have not been able to return to the internet until today, so I apologize for the delay in thanking you. I went to javacool today and dwnld'ed Spywareblaster. I like the new modern look and everything is working beautifully. Yours truly, Serengetti

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

No need to apologize :)
    Wow, that's a long time without internet, some people wouldn't survive that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.