Was I hacked?!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Comp01, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ok, I just signed online, all was going well, when Mozilla Firefox closed itself, I opened it again, and decided to test something, I brough a command prompt up, and done a netstat, I had an odd connection to the IP 209-250-109-69.client.dsl.net and it said under state "FIN_WAIT" next to it was I hacked? Sygate 5.5 didn't say anything! :( I lost the log of what the entire thing said, as I accidentally closed the DOS prompt.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I suspect that the connection you saw was either a left over from your broken browser session, or a service connection from your ISP.
    Since you're probably protected enough by your firewall, any attack would be blocked?

Perhaps this page can help.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I would suspect it was my ISP, but, I don't use a DSL connection. After tracing the IP at www.samspade.org it just says it belongs to the company DSL.net, etc...

4. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Comp01

The "FIN_WAIT" state is normal to see when a connection is closing.

Did you happen to note the services/ports in use in addition to the remote IP?

Regards,

CrazyM

5. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Sorry, I just now checked back at this post, anyways, no, I didn't get a chance to note them, I know that the remote port was 1030, I didn't catch the local port number...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.