Warning Sounds? or are They Something Else?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by DVD+R, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I Downloaded the Beta version 2.06 today and it seemed to install fine, except for a warning it wasnt Digitally Signed and could harm my Computer o_O Anyway other than that, I managed to get Security Center to Accept it by running it as Administrator. The next thing I get is Some exclamation sounds over and over again :blink: like thousands of times over and over, I opened to console,and noticed it was creating these sounds, while Look'n'Stop was counting the Filtered packets in uplink and in Downlink, I have no idea what this means,so I went into options and turned off the Sound,as it was Annoying and Distracting :ninja: I hope this'll be fixed up in the final release, which by the way the Look'n'Stop websites says will be in a few weeks :D When exactly is a few weeks ??. Another thing is, that Matousec guy has reported Look'n'Stop as poor! in his Firewall test,why is this? and Have I made a good descision in trying L & S

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Look 'n' Stop driver is not signed that's why you get this message during the installation ;). The sound indicates that something has been added to the log. So you should look at the blocked packets in the log page o_O, to see if it is normal to have them blocked. There is so far no issue identified around that, and therefore no fix plan in the final release :cool:. But depending on the blocked packet we will see if there is a real issue or not. The website was mainly to announce the availability of the first 2.06 version. It would need to be changed saying the 2.06b1 is now available :thumb:. No date yet for the final 2.06, there will be probably a 2.06b2 first. Matousec uses several leaktests which are not supported by Look 'n' Stop. Not sure to understand why a try would be a bad decision. Only a purchase can be if you didn't tested it before ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.