WARNING! Possible problem using Rescue Media for "Files or folders" restore!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cequi, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cequi

cequi Registered Member

For all users of TrueImage Home 9, Build 3677, be advised of the following issue:

Using the bootable Rescue Media to do a "Files or Folders" (as opposed to a "Disks or Partitions) restore, possibly when restoring to a "New location" (as opposed to "Original location") has produced directories / files that are unable to be accessed, moved or deleted. The error from Windows Explorer is "File or directory is corrupt and unreadable".

In the interest of full disclosure, I am simply an Acronis customer. Nothing in this post should be construed as speaking for Acronis.

I am posting this to generalize the discussion found in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=145505

in the hopes that more affected users will benefit from increased visibility into the issue.

There you will find a discussion of the problem as encountered by more than one user, as well as my story of how I was able, in my particular case, to finally remove the affected directory.

Acronis, please advise as to your position on how to "officially" fix the problem resulting from use of TrueImage Home 9 in the maner described above.

Thank you,

-- Curt.

P.S. I realize that this post may seem redundant with my earlier post with the error message in the title, but it's not. I wanted to post with two different subjects so that (a) people already having the specific error could eaisly find a relevant thread, and (b) people who have NOT had this error but were contemplating using TI9 in the manner which may result in the error would be aware of the potential consequence of such action. In this case, my belief is that over-communicating is better than undercommunicating.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cequi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that there is no official fix, solution or workaraound yet. The issue is still being investigated.

I'll keep you informed by posting in the original thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.