Warning before trial download

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by chris74, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris74

chris74 Registered Member

I have not found a place to enter the serial number I purchased in my trial download of Disk Director Suite 10.0. I have not heard back from Acronis customer support or tech support ALL DAY LONG. It sounds like they have one or two people working there.

From what I've read on the forums, the trial version needs to be uninstalled before installing the paid version. If this is so, it is b.s. There should be a warning before we are duped into downloading the entire 68MB trial version so we don't waste time and bandwidth.

If there is a place to enter the serial number in the trial version, please let me know as I cannot find it.

Most other software allow you to simply type your serial number into the trial version in order to upgrade to a paid version, without any extra downloads.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chris74,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please note that the trial version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 cannot be unlocked with the serial number.

In order to obtain the full version of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 please do the following:

- Please log in to your account on Acronis web site and register your serial number in "Product Registration" section.

- After that you will be able to download the latest build (2160) of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 from the "Product Update" section.

Would also recommend that you download Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide to find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. chris74

chris74 Registered Member

I understand, now, that the trial version and full version need to be downloaded separately.

My point is that there should be a warning before people download the huge trial version. I wasted valuable time and bandwidth downloading two programs that should have only been one download.

The software is good. I'm just really upset I had to download the same program twice.

4. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

This is a classic example of software companies trying to fight software piracy and actually causing more in the long run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.