Warner Bros. Settles FTC Charges It Failed to Adequately Disclose It Paid Online Influencers to Post

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Well, as a hardcore gamer and star of several Warner Brother's cartoons I gotta say: "What an embezzle! What an ultramaroon!,I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque! "

While this is offensive to me as a gamer and appears to show Warner Bros. hitting below the belt and stooping pretty low, evidently, Paid Online Influencers are now the new "name of the game" for many companies on social media, allegedly to make up for loss of ad audiences because of Ad Blockers. It's an entire new "Industry." A Google Search for "paid influencers" delivers hundreds of search results.

For those who don't spend much time on YouTube, such as myself, who never heard of PewDiePie (the paid influencer in this case):

He was pursuing a degree in Industrial Economics and Technology Management at Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden, but left the university in 2011 to focus on his YouTube career.

"Since 15 August 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been the most subscribed user on YouTube, being surpassed briefly in November and December 2013 by YouTube's Spotlight channel. Holding the position since 22 December 2013, the channel has reached over 45 million subscribers, as of June 2016. On 19 July 2014, the channel surpassed singer Rihanna's Vevo account on YouTube to become the most viewed channel of all time,and as of June 2016, the channel has received over 12 billion video views. In 2016, Time magazine named him one of "The World's 100 Most Influential People."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PewDiePie

Staggering !

"I wonder what the poor bunnies are doing this season."

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.