Warn me when you catch a virus?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Majesty, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majesty

Majesty Registered Member

Hi,

Some days ago, I tried Eset AV 2.7 and was getting BSoD while scanning and my computer was under control via LogMeIn... I removed it and decided to return to the crappy AVG (can't even catch a virus from 1999...), but then, I saw that Eset planned to release a new version of their AV on nov. 5th. I can live without an AV for some days, I thought.

I've been trying it for some days already and no more BSoD!! It's great, even though it's a bit heavy on the RAM (about 30MB for ekrn.exe and egui.exe).

My only concern is that I'd like the AV to tell me when it catches a virus and ask for an action instead of automatically putting it in Quarantine. If it's already possible to do so, where are the optionso_O o_O

Also, is the AV compatible with Eudora 7.0? It doesn't seem to scan my mails...

Thank you!

2. grizz

grizz Registered Member

i use eudora 7 and it scans mine ok

3. Majesty

Majesty Registered Member

Ok. Maybe it doesn't scan my mails because I am using the secure protocol (port 995)?

What I find weird though is that my mails are scanned when I preview them with PopTray 3.1 ?!?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Set the cleaning level to 0 (no cleaning) so that a pop-up window prompting you for an action is displayed whenever a threat has been detected.

5. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Which AVG version? free or paid? The AVG antimalware (paid) is decent and I know people who use it with no problems, but it certainly has crappy heuristics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.