Warn me when you catch a virus?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Majesty, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majesty

Majesty Registered Member

Hi,

Some days ago, I tried Eset AV 2.7 and was getting BSoD while scanning and my computer was under control via LogMeIn... I removed it and decided to return to the crappy AVG (can't even catch a virus from 1999...), but then, I saw that Eset planned to release a new version of their AV on nov. 5th. I can live without an AV for some days, I thought.

I've been trying it for some days already and no more BSoD!! It's great, even though it's a bit heavy on the RAM (about 30MB for ekrn.exe and egui.exe).

My only concern is that I'd like the AV to tell me when it catches a virus and ask for an action instead of automatically putting it in Quarantine. If it's already possible to do so, where are the optionso_O o_O

Also, is the AV compatible with Eudora 7.0? It doesn't seem to scan my mails...

Thank you!

2. grizz

grizz Registered Member

i use eudora 7 and it scans mine ok

3. Majesty

Majesty Registered Member

Ok. Maybe it doesn't scan my mails because I am using the secure protocol (port 995)?

What I find weird though is that my mails are scanned when I preview them with PopTray 3.1 ?!?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Set the cleaning level to 0 (no cleaning) so that a pop-up window prompting you for an action is displayed whenever a threat has been detected.

5. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Which AVG version? free or paid? The AVG antimalware (paid) is decent and I know people who use it with no problems, but it certainly has crappy heuristics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.