WANTED! Filseclab Firewall Opinions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by buttoni, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buttoni

buttoni Registered Member

CURRENT & FORMER FILSECLAB FIREWALL USERS NEED ONLY REPLY:

I really have already heard on four forums now about which firewall everyone perceives as best. My conclusion: Everyone has their own opinion!!!!!

What I would like is some replies from current or past users of Filseclab Personal Firewall. What are the pros and cons of this software? I am not real technical when it comes to firewalls. I'm looking for ease of use, using default settings at first, but the ability to make changes when I become more knowledgeable. Studied all pages on Filseclab's website. Really like the GUI. Looks real easy to use compared to most of the popular FW's I've been researching. Though their English is awkward, I had no trouble understanding what they were trying to convey. Information was thorough and easy to understand.

I see on their website they only have help screens and e-mail support. Disappointing they have no user forum. As an Internet & firewall newbie, I rely heavily on user forums for help. Questions I would pose:

1. Do they work with you until problem has been resolved? Or are they inclined to "pass the buck" and leave you hanging?

2. Are their instructions clear for all levels of users?

3. Is there a language barrier with their e-mail tech support?

4. What is turnaround time for tech support? 24hrs? 48hrs? Longer?

5. Does anyone here have the "Lifetime License" mentioned on their website, should the product go from "free" to "pay" status in future? Is there a requested level/amout of contribution for this type of license status?

6. Do you see any possible conflicts given my system configuration:

Dell Dimension 4700 Desktop Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
    512MB DDR2 SDRAM
    160GB Serial ATI Hard Drive using NTFS File System
    17" Flat Panel E173FP Monitor
    Radeon X300 Video Card
    128 MB PCI Express x 16
    48x SONY CRXX216E CD-RW drive
    Dell Photo AIO Printer/Copier/Scanner
    SBC DSL 2 Wire Home Portal External Modem
    Dell Quiet-Key Keyboard

System Software:

Windows XP Home SP2 Ver 5/1/2600 updated w/all patches
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900
    Spybot S&D 1.4 (Teatimer Off)
    A² 1.6
    MSAS 1.0.615
    Ewido SecuritySuite 3.5
    Ad-Aware SE 1.06r1
    SpywareBlaster 3.4
    SpywareGuard 2.2.0
    IE-Spyad-latest
    MVPS +SpybotS&D Hosts File Entries-latest
    McAfee Personal Firewall 6.1.6144
    Yahoo On-Line Protection (CA EZ Antivirus)
    ISP= SBC DSL w/ SBC Yahoo Browser (customised IE)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

hi.buttoni.i have been using filseclab sin it was post here by arup.i havn't had eny problems with it that i could not fix by myself or with help from other poster's.i would recomend this firewall to enybody.. :D

4. Arup

Arup Guest

Filseclab is from China so there is the inherent langauge problem, even then, Tom Liu from Filseclab always responds to your problems in time, give it a try, you might like it.

5. buttoni

buttoni Registered Member

Thanks for all the info and tips, folks. Am really liking what I'm hearing. Glad to hear it isn't too much of a resource hog and is pretty easy to configure. Glad to hear tech support response time is "hours". Looks like it runs so smoothly, as a rule, you don't need a lot of support. That's my kind of product. Seems to have much more "rules" flexibility than McAfee, also.

It looks like there are enough Filseclab users on this forum to perhaps offer some advice/info when needed, also.

Think I'll give it a try when my McAfee subscription expires.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.