Want to quit Norton and ZA

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by vikassethi, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikassethi

vikassethi Registered Member

In past 1 year I have tried ZA and Norton and I now feel sick of the fact that I went for both these suites. The only reason I tried them was NOD32 not providing firewall. I however hear that NOD32 does provide firewall with it.

1. Is it true?
    2. If there is no firewall with NOD32 then can you recommend any good firewall that works well with it?

2. TaInTeD_SnIpEr

TaInTeD_SnIpEr Registered Member

Well, tomorrow, the 5th, ESET is launching ESET Smart Security and NOD32 v3. ESET Smart Security comes with a Firewall and Anti-Spam.

NOD32 in general does not come with a Firewall, you'd have to use a Firewall in conjunction with NOD32 if you wanted a Firewall alongside NOD32.

3. vikassethi

vikassethi Registered Member

This sounds like a very good news. I guess alike their Anti-Virus, their firewall would be equally good.

I guess having a firewall ismust these days. Isn't it? or Nod32 is good even without a firewall?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  4. TaInTeD_SnIpEr

TaInTeD_SnIpEr Registered Member

Well, I don't use a software firewall alongside NOD32 because I have an NAT Router. If I didn't have a Router I would use a Software Firewall. So yeah, looks like a Software firewall is a must these days (without a router). :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.