Walking wounded

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Checkout, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Just to let those who know me that I'm still alive - just. Third week in hospital for heart failure, now permanently unemployable. Could be worse - I had enough sense to see my doctor in time.

Should have more time to send here from now on, and looking forward to it.

Cheers, m'dears! :cool:

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Greeetings Checkout!

My, for only being 2 yrs.old and posting over a 1000, NO WONDER you are feeling worn out!! You should be out watching cloud formations, romping in the fields, holding out your arms and pretending you can fly!! Since you are confined to a bed, I suggest you close your eyes and do ALL those things anyway!! Be Well!! Sending Healthy Sugar Cookies your way!! By the way, Good to meet you!!;)

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Checkout !

I'm so glad to hear from you !!!
    But more glad that you went in time to your doctor.
    Oh man, what a news...

You are in my thoughts !
    I wish you ALL the best !!!!!

Take good care of yourself, Checkout.

Best wishes and warm regards from your friend, Jan.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Heya Checky! Missed you quite a while, sorry about what was happening, and so good you noticed in time and come to tell us!
    Take care!

5. TheSnowGuy

TheSnowGuy Guest

Greetings Checky

Can definitely relate to what you must be experiencing right now.....an its not just empty words when I say: "BEST WISHES"
    Your humor has been missed.......

An when you begin posting again....Root, myself and You can swap hospital tales of glory..............WELLNESS TO YOU!

aka: snowman

6. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Crikey! What a bunch of wobbly doddering geriatrics we are....it's a good job we're not buildings or we would all be condemned.... :D :D :-*

'Paint' and me still find Wilders 'Good Medicine Wampum'....Stay WELL men.

Cochise, :cool:

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hey it's our Rhino!

Glad to see you around, although I do wish the conditions were a bit different, to say the least. I am glad ya went to the doc in time though, cause yer not half bad to have around ;)

Follow the doc's orders and take it easy!

8. root

root Registered Member

Hey Checkout, good to hear from you. Must be something with this board. First Snowy, then me and now you. Hang in there guy and don't sneeze. God I hate it when I sneeze, and its been three weeks already.
    Are you good to go now? I hope the prognosis is good. I had a tripple bypass but I don't think thats anything near as bad as heart failure. Keep us posted on how its going.
    Don't try to rush the recovery. That doesn't work. Trust me. ;)

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Checkout, Snowy and root,I hope your health improves day by day and we see you here for years to come!

Attached Files:

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

We will hold you to that and expect to see you around quite a bit.
    But for now just tAKE IT EASY AND GET WELL.

Attached Files:

11. Checkout

It's good to be back 'home' at Wilders, and I thank everyone for their replies and good wishes. It's a delight to see Snowman back, as well as everyone else from when I used to spend a lot of time here! Who am I missing? Blaze? Spy1? Prince Serendip? Where's the old crowd, folks? Hey, Jan: I'm really pleased you're still here and still being the forum's conscience!

Looking forward to getting really angry about the latest attempts to restrict our freedom and rights! Grr! :cool:

12. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I wasn't around at that time so i didn't have the pleasure of seeing your posts, but i look forward to this in the future. :)

Hope everything turns out well for u. :)

snowbound

13. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Checkout! Good to hear from you again. spy1 is rumored to still be around these parts - he's just learned to shut up (okay, well, most of the time! <g> ).

A free pass to stay online as much as you like when you recover isn't all bad!

Take care, my friend. Pete

14. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

WOW THAT SUCKS IM SOOY FOR YOUR PROBLEMS THAT REALLY SUCKS WE ALL HAVE MISSED YOU TERRIABY

I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER

jan wrote me to let me know he knows meperty well and how ilooked up to you

this truly a sad day

i hope things get better for you

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

For my dear friends Checkout, Root, Snowman:

Hey guys,

How are you doing?
    I hope things are going a bit better for you !!!

Please take good care of yourself.

Best wishes as always,
    Warm regards, Jan.

16. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

FanJ

Jan, your kindness is appreciated.....you have always been a person who is exceptional in caring about others.
    Not really much to report at this time. The infection that had set-into the surgery has nearly clearly but the doctors advised that if it does not fully clear more surgery will be needed........which I will refuse.....this I can do on my own......the sooner I can get those "medicals" out of my life the better.
    Had alittle bout with depression a few days ago....normal under the circumstances.....major surgery thingy.....Checkout and Root may experience some of this. For me it was a very new experience....
    Beginning to make changes in my life......either closed or working towards closing all business associations......have a desire for bluecollar work instead of business.......a plainer life........less complications.....eventually will return to either to the mountains...or another country type area.....my goals have all been met.....time for new ones.
    Jan, am going to set-up a special e mail account for you and Pete to keep in contact. Will advise you both at a later date.
    I am not planning on staying connected to the internet. Today I closed accounts that needed the internet.
    An to Checkout and Root.....my very best regards to you guys...you both are in my thoughts.

SnowGuy

17. Checkout

Rats - I was discharged on Monday and lasted 23.5 hours before I had to call an ambulance (or ambwlans, as they say in this part of the world).

Hoping to be home for real next week, so Don't Blub For Me, Venezuela!

Good to see this place thriving! Back real soon...

18. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

CHECKOUT

So very sorry to hear that.....was hoping that you would be doing much better an looking forward to seeing you here again.
    Old friend take care.....its hard I realize...keep the faith...

Friendly Regards

ThatSnowGuy

19. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Checkout,

I too am really very sorry to hear that.

I am happy that you still have your sense of humour ;)

Please take it easy and take good care of yourself.

You are in my thoughts !

See you soon here !!!
    Best wishes and warm regards, Jan.

20. root

root Registered Member

Man that's a bummer. Let you out to taste some decent food, and end it in a day. I hope this is just a temporary glitch that passes soon.
    I imagine that was pretty much a bummer, so hang in there. Things will get better I'm sure.

21. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hey Snowy,

Thanks for your kind words.

Eh, I'm no saint ;) I know very well that I have hurted people, even here at the Wilders-board... And I'm sorry for that.

Please take it easy Snowman. The infection might need time to heal.

Best wishes Snowy !!!
    Warm regards, Jan.

22. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

We'll be here for your return, Checkout, but man that does stink havin' to go right back :doubt:

23. Marja

Checkout and Snowman,

We are all sending you lots of warm wishes of health, so keep in touch, those of us who don't know you,yet, can't wait to have you up and posting often. Take your time and remember all the good thoughts you have coming your way! This world needs ALL the good people it can find!! (Sorry about having to go back to the hospital, bummer, and the PJ's they insist on putting you in!! So Drafty!):rolleyes:

Best Wishes to you both!:)

24. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

Just a notice to advised that in a few days its very unlikely that I will be at the forums here.
    Got some very major problems. Wont bored everyone with details.

Its been nice sharing with everyone again. Although I didn't see much of my friend Spy1....an hope he is doing well. You folks have been great..as always. These days the words of kindest each of you has expressed has helped me through a major crisis......the rest I have to do on my on now....with the help of my higher power.......
    This is being posted a few days early.....will drop-in again for the next two maybe three days......after that...its anybody's guess what happens.

That SnowPerson

25. Marja

WE WILL BE WAITING AND PRAYING IN ALL OF OUR MANY WAYS, TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.