Waht does Ewido do?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Tom772, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

hi all,

i know that this may sound really stupid, but what does Ewido actually do. Is it like TDS or Trojan hunter? New to this program but i read some stuff on this forum and it sounds good, but is it worth paying for as an extra layer of security?

regards,

Tom

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Re: What does Ewido do?

Tom,

To answer that question well, it would help to get a sense of what your primary layer is, what you're guarding against (e.g. simple protection against the need to reinstall if necessary vs. you do all your banking and lots of purchasing on-line and so on...), and some idea of likely exposure (known commercial sites vs. lots of google searching which could lead to who knows where).

With respect to Ewido vs. TDS-3 vs. TrojanHunter, all are anti-trojan (AT) applications. Slightly different flavors, coverage, and associated tools. All have strong followings (i.e. all are a very decent purchase).

Blue

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am satisfied with Ewido. I tried Trojan Hunter, and found it very good. I subsequently learned that although the initial cost looks like a lot, so far they do not charge for subsequent yearly subscriptions. Althought they do not promise that they will never charge, so far so good.

On balance, considering the cost of renewals, or lack thereof in the case of TH, Trojan Hunter looks to be maybe the best buy, and is probably as good as any anti trojan.

Jerry

4. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I use ewido primarily for realtime anti-trojan protection but it also detects spyware, worms, dialers, etc. It seems that ewido is more of an anti-malware software, aimed at detecting what the traditional antivirus may miss.

In my opinion, ewido is worth it, but I suggest trying it out and if it doesn't work for you, you can at least keep the free on-demand scanner as part of your defenses.

5. tom772

tom772 Guest

Thanks for all your replys! keep up the good work:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.