W7 Remote desktop

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Mogota, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogota

Mogota Registered Member

Hello.

I'm having problems with enabling remote desktop on my computer with Smart Security 5.

No, the interactive mode does not work. At all. There's no notification. Besides, the computer I want to access from is remote. That's the whole point.

Now that's out of the way here's what I also tried: created a rule with no specific application for TCP and UDP and port 3389 and I enabled the automatic mode with exceptions. The FW is acting as if the rule wasn't even there, it denies remote connection attempts every time I try it.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1. make sure the other computer is in the trusted zone
    2. make sure Remote desktop is allowed in the trusted zone in the IDS setup.

3. Mogota

Mogota Registered Member

Is there a way to do it without the trusted zone setup? I'd like my computer to be available from anywhere (I have a secure enough password for it).

Edit: adding an IP to the trusted network zone and the zone to the rule did not do it either.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  4. probedb

probedb Registered Member

I'm bringing this back up as I'm having the same issues.

I recently reinstalled Win 7 on my server where I had RDP working previously.

However I cannot remember what I did to make it work previously and cannot get it to work any more?

The trusted zone has the whole local subnet, they also excluded from IDS and protocol filtering.

As Mogota says Interactive Zone never pops anything up allowing you to setup the program. It appears in the Rules window and I've got that to Allow Trusted Zone In and Out.

However it doesn't work.

Any thoughts? It's really annoying because I had it working previously :(

5. probedb

probedb Registered Member

Ignore me, I'm a twonk. It does help if you turn on RDP ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.