W32/Mimail.t@MM

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Marianna, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marianna

Marianna Spyware Fighter

This mass-mailing email worm was spammed to many email recipients during the initial seeding.

The worm constructs email messages using its own SMTP engine.

The spammed message is as follows:

Subject: Re:Gollum

Hi Gollum its Nancy.,

I was shocked, when I found out that it wasn't you but your twin brother!!! That's amazing, you're as like as two peas. No one in bed is better than you Gollum. I remember, I remember everything very well, that promised you to tell how it was, I'll give you a call today after 9.

... omitted ...

I'm so thankful to you, for acquainted me to your brother. I think we can do it on the next Saturday all three together? What do you think? O yes, as you wanted I've made a few pictures check them out in archive, I hope they will excite you, and you will dream of our new meeting...

Attachment :

Fail.hta (password-protected zip file - 13,503 bytes), containing test.exe (14,880 bytes).
    Users may receive another seeding of the message containing the actual password to the ZIP file.
    The worm checks to see whether there is a valid Internet connection by attempting to connect to www.google.com .

Mail Propagation
    Target email addresses are harvested from files on the victim's machine. The worm ignores address extraction from files that contain the following extensions:

avi
    bmp
    cab
    com
    dll
    exe
    gif
    jpg
    mp3
    mpg
    ocx
    pdf
    psd
    rar
    tif
    vxd
    wav
    zip
    Other data (RAS details, passwords, e-gold information - still under analysis) may also be harvested from the victim machine.

Denial of Service Payload
    The worm attempts to cause a denial of service on the following domains, via ICMP and HTTP traffic.

darkprofits.ws
    darkprofits.cc
    darkprofits.net
    darkprofits.com
    www.darkprofits.ws
    www.darkprofits.cc
    www.darkprofits.net
    www.darkprofits.com

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100996

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.