w2k-Server to NT4 Server Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marmara, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marmara

Marmara Registered Member

My question: is it possible, to install the ATIES8 software on a w2k-Server, then install via management console the agent on a remote NT4, SP6 Server in the same domain and create an image via agent of the NT4 Server?

If it is possible, then I have a problem, because I can connect to the NT4-Server, but even as Domain-Admin I have no "privileges" to do so and the Start of imaging fails.

2. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Yes, this is possible and is something I do all the time at work. Given that these servers are in the same domain and you are using a Domain Admin account, this should work without issue. I assume you can browse to this server fine, as you were able to push the agent out to the remote server. Have you tried connecting to the NT 4 server via a local Admin account on that server?

3. Marmara

Thank you for answering so fast.
    Yes, I have tried to loggin to the NT4Server/SP6 with its local admin-account. But no chance, I can prepare the image-instructions, but when I klick on Start then I get a small message, that I have not enough privileges ....o_O
    Hmmm... any suggestion?

Claus

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Claus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Could you please let us know where you are trying to store the image? Also please make sure the administrator account really have enough rights to back up the computer, you may create new administrator account without editing the rights and try using it, for example.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Marmara

I have tried to store the NT4-Image:

1. on the remote NT4 Server locally;

2. on a USB2.0 external harddrive, connected to the w2k-Server (with ActiveDirectory)

(storing another w2k-image on this USB-Disk was succesfull, so I suppose the USB-Drive is not the problem - see my first try on the NT4 Server locally).

As far as the really new admin-account is concerned, I will test this soon, when I am in the office.

Claus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.