W2000 to XP image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Machinist, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machinist

Machinist Registered Member

Hey Everyone, I had an image created that had W/2000 Pro as the OS. It was titled .tib6 I recently upgraded to XP Pro and created what I thought was a a new image it is also titled .tib6 Will this work or will I have to make a new full image of the recent XP install. The original file size was 7.3gb and now it is 11.75gb. My big question is will it overwrite the os in the image.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I've not seen anyone mention a backup image file with the .tib6 extension. It is usually just .tib - in other words, there is no 6 at the end. What version and build of True Image are you using?

3. Machinist

Sorry, its labeled My Backup(6).tib Im using TI 8.0

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

If Restoration of your images worked before, it should work after you installed XP. So the one you made with XP installed should be okay. But as you add things to the XP installation, you should make a new image.
    BTW, have you made the bootable Cd and tested it? Also where are you storing the images?

5. Machinist

The old image I had was created with another 8.0 disk that i was using. I upgraded to 9.0 but I had alot of problems with it so I purchased 8.0 again because I lost my old software. Im storing the images on an external hard drive, and yes i created a bootable cd and I still have the original 8.0 bootable cd.

6. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Machinist,

Since you provided the same name for the image archive, the first full image was overwritten. Or if you chouse to create incremental/differential backup the appropriate backup was created. I suppose that if the full backup name was "My Backup(6).tib" then incremental/differential backup name should be "My Backup(6)2.tib" (if it was first incremental/differential backup). However, based on the size (over 11 gb) I would assume that the full backup was created.

_Kento_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.