Vundo Issues...HELP!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MarkEd47, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkEd47

MarkEd47 Registered Member

Have a vundo infestation on a machine here - followed email support guidelines step by step - still haven't got rid of it. Manifested as Pro Antispyware 2009 - uninstalled it and ran on-demand scanner with recommended settings and still have icon in notification bar about security issues that left to its own devices, automatically scans the computer and makes using it virtually impossible - had to unplug the machine from the network, as lost network connectivity for the other machines on our LAN.

Urgent help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

you can create a log with SysInspector and send it to eset and then wait a week or four. or you can run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    why can't eset buy their engine, hire their guys or something?

3. MarkEd47

been looking around, and most instructions seem to include: "run scan in safe mode". Either I missed this in the emailed instructions (I have been at work for 12 hours now...) or it was missing, or it makes no difference?

Have set the scan going in safe mode and am hopeful that when I come in in the morning it is fixed, or some kind soul has posted a reply that works.

! nonoise: haven't tried your suggested yet...too tired...fed-up...going home.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If the malicious file is detected, but not removed with v3, install v4 beta which should be able to get rid of it. Otherwise please download ESET SysInspector from here, run it, save the log (File -> Save log) and send it to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject.

5. MarkEd47

It was just a long day yesterday before I put my I.T. hat on - I missed scrolling down far enough in the instruction email to see the other measures that were necessary.

Not necessarily any less tired today...but at least I have printed out the instructions so I can see them all if I didn't mange to get rid of it last night.

Thganks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.