vss technology has failed with error0x11112vss

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Alpajack, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpajack

Alpajack Registered Member

Hey
    I have a windows XP x86 and get this error when trying to backup "vss technology has failed with error0x11112vss" The backup always fails.
    I verified that shadow copy is running although it is not even running in windows 7 and still makes a copy.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue so I can make a copy of this XP.
    Thanks
    Jack

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The VSS should not be running before the image is created, attempt to flip to paragon hot processing within the settings and see if the backup will run.

3. Alpajack

Alpajack Registered Member

How do I switch to hot processing

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

In some of products, at least, it was under:
    Tools -- Settings -- Hot Processing Options

5. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

I had to reinstall the OS on my WinXP x86 computer. Like Alpajack I experienced the backup to fail because the VSS technology did not work (my error code was 73750 (0x12016) VSS: Can't read volume data). But it worked before the reinstall!!

The solution was to enable Paragon Hot Core (Tools>Settings as seekforever told, or check the option “Change backup settings” when you run the wizard). Be aware that PHP is not installed by default. If you do not have any option (other than VSS), start the installer package and select “Modify”.

Unfortunately Paragon might end the use of PHP; please read Paragon_MA's post at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2040425&postcount=247

6. Paragon_Matt

If you receive "VSS: Can't read volume data" error, it means you have bad sectors on the drive you are attempting to backup.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

chkdsk may not find or repair any bad sectors. If so, download the diagnostic program from your drive maker and try it. I recently had that happen on a friend's computer and Seagate's Seatools (in his case) fixed it.

8. Paragon_Matt

That would be correct, and was my next suggestion.

9. John Doe Genius

John Doe Genius Registered Member

Success! I ran CHKDSK /R; “Repairing the security file's segment” (525 index entries repaired). The VSS technology is back. Thanks a lot, Matt_Spathes.

I really appreciate that Paragon Support is back in the user forum. This is important customer relationship building, IMO.

I also want to thank seekforever for the engagement. In this case chkdsk resolved the problem.

:) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.