VSMON and PC Resource Utilization Spike

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I've noticed when I go to start an application, nothing happens for a few seconds, and then it starts as usual. Using Process Explorer, I determined that when I go to start an app, VSMON spikes to 80% or higher on CPU utilization. I assume this means NOD32 is scanning the app to ensure it's not a virus, which is good (I guess). :doubt:

Is everybody else experiencing the same thing? I must admit, I have an budget PC with a slow processor.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

VSMON is not part of NOD, I think that is Zone Alarm.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are correct, it is part of ZoneAlarm that starts up.

Cheers :D

4. Dazed_and_Confused

You might be right. Many apologies. :oops: It sounded like an AV component. :doubt:

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No apologies needed Daisey, always worth a holler on something like that, better safe than sorry I say, and besides which it is nice to see you back in the Nod32 forum, it's been a while ;) :D

Cheers :D

6. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

What is the name of this application? How much RAM do you have? What is your current RAM load? How fast is your CPU?

If I launch a 23 KB Word file, then my CPU load will pop up to 60% load for a fraction of a second (idle load is 0%). Load time is about 1.8 second. I'm using ZA Pro 4.5.594.000 with 96 MB Total Commit Charge. Total physical RAM is 384 MB.

7. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Blackspear. :)

NOD32 has been working flawlessly. Have not needed to post. But I do stop by and read regularly. ;)

Thanks, nod32_9. :) But I don't want to get off topic by discussing this here. I probably have a lot more apps (and way too many) running than you do, anyway. I might head over to the ZA forum and see what they have to say about it over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.