VSMON and PC Resource Utilization Spike

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I've noticed when I go to start an application, nothing happens for a few seconds, and then it starts as usual. Using Process Explorer, I determined that when I go to start an app, VSMON spikes to 80% or higher on CPU utilization. I assume this means NOD32 is scanning the app to ensure it's not a virus, which is good (I guess). :doubt:

Is everybody else experiencing the same thing? I must admit, I have an budget PC with a slow processor.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

VSMON is not part of NOD, I think that is Zone Alarm.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are correct, it is part of ZoneAlarm that starts up.

Cheers :D

4. Dazed_and_Confused

You might be right. Many apologies. :oops: It sounded like an AV component. :doubt:

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No apologies needed Daisey, always worth a holler on something like that, better safe than sorry I say, and besides which it is nice to see you back in the Nod32 forum, it's been a while ;) :D

Cheers :D

6. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

What is the name of this application? How much RAM do you have? What is your current RAM load? How fast is your CPU?

If I launch a 23 KB Word file, then my CPU load will pop up to 60% load for a fraction of a second (idle load is 0%). Load time is about 1.8 second. I'm using ZA Pro 4.5.594.000 with 96 MB Total Commit Charge. Total physical RAM is 384 MB.

7. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Blackspear. :)

NOD32 has been working flawlessly. Have not needed to post. But I do stop by and read regularly. ;)

Thanks, nod32_9. :) But I don't want to get off topic by discussing this here. I probably have a lot more apps (and way too many) running than you do, anyway. I might head over to the ZA forum and see what they have to say about it over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.