VPN Unlimited - Lifetime Sub - $39!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Mayahana, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

2. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

Been posted before.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/posts/2468689/

The deal is ongoing, the same VPNs have been available on that site for the same price for quite a while. They start again after they expire. I would rather pay a bit more for a couple of the others. Boleh has the best reputation and NordVPN has the most interesting technology. Anonymizer has been around the longest and is the most focused on anonymity. I find it interesting because the company has a different approach than most VPNs which are focused on hiding bit torrent traffic. That is the main market these days so you can't blame them for catering to demand but it is nice to see a company dedicated to anonymity that has been around since the 90s.

3. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Thanks for the summary. I haven't used a VPN other than my own created ones. For example I have a PBX Voip using OpenVPN with my own tunnel to a COLO PBX switch. I also use, and setup dozens, even hundreds of VPN's a month. But not in the way most people do - commercial VPN's, an entirely different animal. Businesses that need to have employees 'safely' connect from abroad, etc.

But lately I am looking to explore personal use VPN. I could also VPN to my work COLO, but that's trackable via my employer (which is usually me, or another engineer though), but I generally segregate work from play.

4. MisterB

The difference between VPN as a service and VPN as a technology is often forgotten. As a technology, it's been around quite a while but the interest in using commercial VPN providers has exploded due to the increasing surveillance and censorship on the web these days.

5. warrior99

warrior99 Registered Member

VPN unlimited the deal is for license for a 100 years
    done think i be around then to renew it in a 100 years ,
    i have to consider it a long term investment lol
    thanks for posting this
    Mayahana

6. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I subscribed, since I needed a cheap VPN for my Iphone. In that case I do not care too much about logging or not, since iphone is a privacy killer anyway. I just wanted some more security when connecting to open Wifi. So, this VPN does the job I need. Nothing more.

7. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I was "seduced" by the "Nice Deal" and purchased that VPN Unlimited lifetime Subscription.
    After some "customer support", I was able to redeem my "redemption" code and install that VPN on my Windows 8 computer, but...
    I could not make it working on my Windows 7 computer. After logging in (with my certified credentials), it could not connect to ANY of their servers. I took some snapshots of the VPN pop-up window close to the computer clock. After 40 minutes, I decided to uninstall it. As always, after using some sh... VPN, I needed to readjust my proxy settings in order to be able to connect to the Internet without that VPN.

Also, I've checked their "team." They all have Russian names.
    (I think the KGB is not going to share my "privacy" info with our "security" institutions.)

In addition, I think they have the MOST ANTI-PRIVACY rules for ANY VPN and can cancel your subscription for ANY reason that THEY think you broke some kind of their rules.

It does not leak my IP but it leaks DNS addresses.

P.S. I've e-mailed about my problem to them, and also asked for my MONEY back, but I doubt...
    https://www.simplexsolutionsinc.com/about
    VPN Unlimited.jpg VPN Unlimited--still trying to connect.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

This is why I have a specific internet credit card I use with 'extra' protection. I can click a button and charge someone back. I rarely ever ask for refunds, I create my own refunds. I didn't sign up for it the moment I saw the RU names involved with it. No offense, just the way I do things.

I need to find the VPN company I used a few years ago. They had amazing support, and when I had speed issues they setup my own personal VPN server less than 15 miles from my home to connect to, all for my measly $5 a month. Their name escapes me at this point, I would have to do some research, but I wouldn't hesitate for a second recommending them. I've formatted since then, and didn't bother to backup my bookmarks so I do not recall their name.

9. zmechys

The biggest problem I have is that "humongous" leak of my real IPS's DNS addresses.
    Nothing about my privacy protection that "VPN Unlimited" promised,
    "...you will not be traced back to your original location as VPN will provide complete anonymity to your identity."
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/benefits

10. MisterB

I didn't feel all that good about this one once I looked at their website. No transparency and no flexibility. If I'm going to pay for a VPN service, I want to be able to use my own software and not be limited to the provided client. Plus, they are not a dedicated VPN company. The VPN service is just one of their products, the rest of which are unrelated.

And it leaks too. No good at all.

11. warrior99

warrior99 Registered Member

Hi MasterB

I am no VPN expert , how and where dose VPN Unlimited leak?.
    I checked it out on dnsleaktest , cloakfish.com, ipleak.net , no leaks so far here.

12. MisterB

I was referring to the previous post where a leak was reported. I've no interest in trying this VPN due to the impression the website made on me and the lack of support for generic open VPN. So I haven't personally tested it. The more people who report good and bad experiences, the better the evaluation of it.

The nationality of the company was not a factor one way or the other in deciding not to try it. Russian could mean ties to Russian intelligence or cyber criminals but it can also mean real technical competence, enthusiasm, and guts. I post on another forum solely dedicated to hardware that has a lot of Slavic members and they always impress me with their knowledge and dedication. These guys just looked like young entrepreneurs who are trying out a number of products. I'd rather pay a company dedicated to providing VPN privacy services. NordVPN appealed to me a bit more because the bad reviews it had were that it didn't come with a slick client until recently and just sold access to their service using generic OpenVPN. That is what I'm looking for if I'm going to pay for a VPN because I've already got several free subscriptions that require a custom client and don't leak. What I'm willing to pay for is VPN access using the OpenVPN protocol that is open to any device and software that supports it, not to mention decent bandwidth.

13. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

if u want a nice vpn provider,with there own openvpn client with extra funktions like dns leak safe, own firewall rules(they use windows firewall) to block the webrtc leak etc where normal vpns cant hold on. have a look at this one. There support is realy nice and have absolutly no loggs. u have even the option to make a connection true 4 servers at the same time. its the only vpn privider i can finde where u can still buy with paysafecard for extra anonymity.but the vpn provider isnt cheap. https://www.perfect-privacy.com

on topic. i would not recomend vpn unlimited,they logs there users.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  14. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

how can you say that that VPN protects against webRTC leaks when webRTC is browser based? If someone is connected with OpenVPN and Chrome, webRTC leaks. No way (unless blocking scripts but that's out of VPN scope anyway).
    Plus their DNS leak test is a fail.

15. NWOAbschaum

u can test it on there website and the dns leak test works nice for me. the inbuild firewall rules blocking all connection to the router,u have some options on there client. there is now way someone can find ur real ip if ur router is blocked or ur isp provider. Indeed it is not leaked if u have the right settings,i can confirm it becuase i use the vpn over 6 Month and with a standart vpn like "hotspotshield free" it is leaked,but with there client it is not leaked. I am talking about Windows Client. Android etc dont have this Client and funktions.

Edit: dont have time for a screenshot,just tried the dns test:

Du benutzt Perfect-Privacy
    IP: 178.162.209.135
    DNS: frankfurt.perfect-privacy.com
    Land: https://checkip.perfect-privacy.com/img/de.png Germany
    Stadt: Frankfurt

works without problems.

WebRTC leaktest:

Lokale IP-Addressen

Open IP-Addressen
      Perfect Privacy IP
    Your public IP address has been detected as Perfect Privacy IP. Your assigned by the provider IP address has not leaked.

16. zmechys

I think we are talking about two different things.
    Your personal IP address given to you by your IPS, and DNS addresses that CLEARLY shows your real IPS service provider and approximate location.
    Check this web-site and click on Extended Test.
    https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

17. NWOAbschaum

Some screenshots from the Client(Germany)

Attached Files:

• Unbenannt.PNG
      Unbenannt.PNG
      File size:
      150 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      26.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      22.5 KB
      Views:
  18. zmechys

Are you using that "VNP Unlimited Lifetime" (https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/) or a different VPN?
    I'm specifically talking about "VNP Unlimited Lifetime Subscription".

19. NWOAbschaum

oh well,im talking about a other vpn provider,lol. Read my first post again. :D i have even say dont use vpnunlimited because they use loggs.

20. zmechys

I've just connected to the Internet with OkayFreedom 1.4.3.11221.
    IP/DNS detection found my IP address and my location within 6-miles.

OK FREEDOM - YOU S....

21. zmechys

This time I've used CyberGhost 5.
    NO WebRTC or DNS leaks!!!

To sum up.
    When using the same computer/the same Firefox browser:
    CyberGhost 5 - NO IP OR DNS LEAKS.
    VPN Unlimited - NO IP LEAKS, but DNS leaks.
    OkayFreedom (from Steganos) - IP and DNS leaks.

22. MisterB

I have a VM with OkayFreedom and it passed the leak test but the client software is not very good. If there are other VPN clients on the machine, it probably won't work right and I had to manually make the connection, it didn't automatically connect. Once the tunnel was finally up, it didn't leak. The automatic connect feature doesn't work at all. That is one of several issues with this software.

F-Secure is another VPN that I have a free subscription to and it has client software that is good but limited to Windows 7 or later. It does pass the leak tests I've done with it as has Cyberghost but I don't use the bloated client software with it, just generic OpenVPN.

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Limited to windows 7 and later? That's a 6 year old operating system, can't expect these guys to keep supporting ancient technology. I wouldn't blame them, with security/privacy software, it's difficult to try and support ancient operating systems.

24. MisterB

It is just an OpenVPN based client. If a VPN provider wants to support any OS, all they need to do is provide generic OpenVPN support. That is what I want if I'm going to pay money for it. For free I'm willing to put up with limited OS support. OpenVPN works great in XP.

Not everyone beats the upgrade drum. Some of us are fine with "ancient technology". If this ancient technology was a human being, it would be just starting school. I view ancient technology as what the ancient Romans used, not what came out a few years ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.