VPN PPTP on Cisco RV215W Router

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by zenapp, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenapp

zenapp Registered Member

Guys

I have been trying to set up the Cisco RV215W with PPTP settings from Torguard. I know the PPTP server address etc but when I come to the router in PPTP set up I cant get it to accept the server address.

Perhaps the PPTP settings on the router are to create my own VPN to allow external access to something connected to the router?

If this is the case I have seen the DDWRT routers that allow this is it possible from another setting in the router like port forwarding or a routing table?

If not I guess im going to have to install Open VPN on each of the machines which I could do but it would be great to get this installed on the router so it automatically works for all devices without any special settings.

Thanks for your help.
    Zen

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I don't know Cisco routers, so I can't help. But I do know that PPTP is generally not secure. Does the Torguard PPTP configuration include additional security features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.