VPN, Anonymous Proxy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by overworkedmonkey, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overworkedmonkey

overworkedmonkey Registered Member

I am looking at subscribing to VPN and/or anonymous proxies. I had a look at the thread at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?searchid=4067239 and seeing that it is out-of-date, I was wondering if anyone had any advise to which company provided the best service in terms of cost, anonymity, speed, etc.

2. box750

box750 Registered Member

How many countries would you like to have? Any specific country that needs to be included?

Do you want P2P allowed?

What is the maximum you are willing to pay?

What is the minimum acceptable VPN speed?

Do you care about bandwidth caps?

Answer that and maybe then someone can find the right VPN service for you, I don't think that a single company fits everyone because people will be using the VPN for different purposes. But overall, all of the big VPN companies have over a dozen countries, allow P2P, have decent speed and reasonable prices, if in doubt, just choose one of the big VPN companies (Strong VPN, ibVPN, Astrill, VPN4All, etc).

3. overworkedmonkey

As many countries as possible. P2P is not vital. Not sure what the costs are but would be willing to pay for it. As for the speed, as fast as possible. Yes I do care for bandwidth caps. I am also looking for a service that does not keep logs.

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I made a list here; ( It is in this forum section too, just a few posts down)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=285780

Also SparkLabs the maker of Viscosity a Mac client, also working on a Windows client has a recommended list, so I think this is really good coming from a developer;

http://www.thesparklabs.com/support/vpn_service_providers/

5. overworkedmonkey

I did have a peek at the thread however I was hoping if someone could recommend a service that touches on the points above as well as someone who can vouch for the service.

6. box750

box750 Registered Member

In that case I recommend AceVPN.com, I have it used in the past and I was happy with them, specially the helpfulness of their support.

I only abandoned AceVPN because their $5/month service had low speed (and P2P is not allowed), but their above my budget high end $15/month package solves those two problems and ads extra VPN country locations.

7. AdamL

AdamL Registered Member

+1

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.