VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Is this expected behavior? I installed VS version 1.23 over 1.22 as an upgrade. I followed the instructions with the installer, and chose upgrade. The installation seemed to complete without any issues. I surfed a few sites, and made a few post here at Wilders. I shut down my Laptop, and went outside to do some work. I came back about 2 hours later, and turned my Laptop back on. VS started in training mode, and then gave me 2 prompts informing me how to use VS. Then I got another prompt asking me if I wanted to register VS. I chose no since I had already registered my copy. VS closed, and would not not open again until I entered my credentials. Why should I have to activate VS again when I already registered it? missed one of the prompts. Somehow I managed not to save the screen shot, but
    '

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  2. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

There shouldn't be an option for upgrade in the installer. I would see how VS does the next day or so. It was a rough transition going from 2-4 modes, and there might be some bugs. So if there are, please let me know. But the issue you are experiencing will most likely go away. I had the same thing, but it went away. The other upgrades from here on will be a lot smoother. Just let me know! Thank you!

3. VoodooShield

I am seeing this bug now. I will try to fix it tonight!

4. VoodooShield

5. AlexCross

AlexCross Registered Member

6. VoodooShield

Hmmm, it is working here... are you in Smart Mode?

7. VoodooShield

You might reboot and see. It is working on both of my computers. Please let me know, thank you!

8. AlexCross

Yep, I made a printscreen.

Attached Files:

9. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that's not good. I really bed get some sleep, it is 3am here, but if you are still having problems we can fix it tomorrow.

You might try deleting your VoodooShield settings... Just delete all of the folders in this folder and reboot.

C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\VoodooShield

Thank you!

10. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Installed 1.24 and seems to be ok apart from 2 mins or so before the icon appears.

Checked USB and that seems to be ok.

11. AlexCross

I deleted the folder in AppData, did a fresh install, now it works fine but I noticed a little delay, VS turns on after 2 sec the browser is open, If I remember well, in the prev version, VS turned immediately like almost before the browser was completely open :p (In tweaks is at maximum set, for fast computers)

Later edit, I moved the arrow in tweaks to the last option, and VS turns on in about 15-20seconds after the browser starts.

Later edit 2, is realy strange, now with VS at middle in tweaks turns on like in prev version (as fast) when the browser is active).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  12. VoodooShield

Do you mean 2 mins or 2 secs? Just curious!

Yeah, if you mean 2 sec, I know what you are talking about, that bugs me too. I will get to the bottom of it.

13. VoodooShield

Sounds good, thank you for letting me know!

14. AlexCross

A little summary after I ran version .4 almost a day, VS is random when it comes to turn on when a browser is active, I tested it for some hours with different tweaks, so when the arrow is at maximum, is a delay for about 2 sec but not all the time, sometimes it turns on about 4-5 sec and sometimes it turns on imeditely, then I set the arrow to slow computer, minimum possible, VS turns on sometimes immediately when browser is active, sometimes after 15-25 seconds and 1 times it took like almost 1 min.

VS ran great for all version, including .3. So this behavior is only for .4.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  15. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I went back and timed from a reboot using Win 8/64 and it took 90 seconds from the time the desktop came up. I have got The Bat logged to activate VS but loading that did not make the VS icon come up any sooner.

16. VoodooShield

Sounds good, thank you. Yeah, I will work this out asap, hopefully today. Every new feature that I add to VS makes it tricky to make it do what we want it to do.

17. VoodooShield

Did this happen with 1.23 as well?

18. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

No - VS bred like rabbits overnight so never installed it. I will go back and try it.

19. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

1.23 is the same, perhaps a tad longer

20. VoodooShield

If you are still having problems, do you mind deleting all of the folders in this directory and trying it again? It will remove your VS settings, but I think it will be worth it.

C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\VoodooShield

New users should not experience these issues, this is all caused by the 4 mode change. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your help!

21. AlexCross

For me it didn't solve the problem, I went back to version ..3 and all works fine in this version.

Can one test version ..4(Tweak VS from Fast Computer - Slow Computer, or just move the arrow and see if VS turns ON with delay when the browser is active?

22. VoodooShield

Oh, in order to save the changes for that slider, you have to hit save and close, since it adjusts the timing for the engine.

I will play around with it a little more this afternoon and see what if I can reproduce the error.

You might also uninstall VS, remove that folder, reboot, and then reinstall VS. Thank you for your help!

23. AlexCross

Yep, I understand how the setup works (pressed save after every change) :p , my English isn't perfect and sometimes I don't find the right words to describe the action :D

I did fresh install (deleted all VS folders) and even updating directly from VS ..3, still the same result.

24. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Ok, I just installed version 1.24 over 1.23. I rebooted to complete the installation. The installation completed without any issues. I rebooted again to see if I got any prompts informing me how VS works, and asking me to activate VS. I got no prompts this time so that issue seems to have been resolved. I then placed VS in Smart Mode, and plugged in a USB Flash Drive. VS enabled it's protection as expected. I then removed the USB drive, and VS disabled protection as expected. I then opened my Web Browser, and VS enabled it's protection as expected. It seems this build has resolved the 3 issues I reported. I will continue testing when I get back later today. Keep up the good work :cool:

25. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Still the same delay with both versions. App data deleted.

Noticed that it still remembers The Bat in custom so presumably that is kept in the registry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.