VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

@ plat1098...have signed up over at COU forum??

2. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

I have (via Email) mentioned to Dan the concept of setting up his own site, where he has creative control and the freedom
    to be who he is without fear of reprisals and harassment.
    It would be easy as pie for him to find community leaders and people willing to step up and help out no doubt about that.
    Nothing against MT or Wilders for that matter, but it is like running your business from anothers house, you will forever
    be at the mercy of others. Many security software devs and publishers have and maintain a community of their own and
    for good reason, one of which Dan is experiencing first hand.
    It makes good solid business sense for Dan and I am shocked that he has not done this before now. The temp of the water
    here and at MT is a little concerning.
    No matter how it plays out I know where Dan's heart and Mind are and it's a shame, but it also has opened my, and many other eyes and ears that easily see this whole situation.
    PS: In case this opinion makes staff feel attacked or offended "which is not the intent", I will post this on MT as well so the original can be read free of moderation.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

No, not particularly into forums despite my post count. Wilders gets the brunt of my vivacious charm. :-*

4. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@_CyberGhosT_
    Appreciate your efforts here, makes good sense to have an independent VS forum.
    There was a lot of unsavoury behaviour here in the past and probably better that Dan can filter it himself.

5. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Why is this thread continuing its present downward spiral? The more posts, the more confusing it is. It really isn't very helpful to continue all the whispers and innuendos about Dan and VoodooShield. I don't know exactly what the problem is - whether it's with Dan or with the app. It just continues the questionable debate and doesn't ease my mind at all. Someone needs to put out an explanation of the problem and stop the thread if that's what is needed.

6. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Agree with you @JohnBurns minus the explanation. If folks could just move on about it and discuss the actual product it would be great. @LowWaterMark already provided the "answer". May not be the "answer" everyone is looking for but I think we are all big boys and girls and can decipher straight away what is up.

As for VS the product, I am looking forward to checking out the 4.0 version. While not a current user of the product I do want to see how it runs and if it addresses some of the performance related issues that I have had with it in the past. Cheers.

7. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

@moderators ... the community deserves an explanation for the VoodooShield dev's status here at Wilders ... rumors and speculation does no good and just wastes bandwidth. This has been an active thread here for almost 7 years.

8. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have to agree, if both Dan and Lockdown can't or won't post here anymore, it's a bit silly and bad for WSF. Was it really that big of a deal?

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

10. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

post 17251--lol! Comes with the territory--grow a thicker skin or get out of the kitchens. Do you think a sheltering and nurturing proprietary forum will make VS immune to "slams" on his product? Here it's moderation, over there I'd wonder.

Lots of us are some of the best supporters @VoodooShield has and this is a limbo situation. I accept the administrator's explanation but how much longer? Was not the 4.0 version due about a week ago?

11. Tinstaafl

Tinstaafl Registered Member

Yup, I saw that, and that is why I made the comment above.

This thread effectively functions as a software vendor's support forum. So it is a BIG deal if the vendor gets booted.

I understand that order must be maintained on any forum, but removing a vendor from his support forum affects ALL of us.

As a courtesy to members, some sort of announcement should have been made. We were all left hanging, until Krusty started that other thread...

12. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

And is it permanent, or temporary?

13. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

+1 - AND if it is permanent how is it going to affect 'we VS Beta testers' who have free licenses that are due to expire shortly ?
    We are left with email and MT only.

14. _CyberGhosT_

I think for many of us it is beyond this type of issue lol :cautious:

15. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Something for those suggesting Dan start his own forum. Who is going to maintain it. There is a lot of work, set up and maintaining servers plus and this is a huge plus. You know what happens when there is no ongoing attention. Forum is over run by spam.

16. guest

guest Guest

Lol
    There are plenty of forums as software as a service and the community will take care of the forum. Is the easiest things to setup on internet

17. Peter2150

Fair enough

18. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Posts Removed. Focus Only On the Topic, VoodooShield Software, and Not in Other Members!

19. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

FYI - I am fully upto speed with what has been going on but I have just not allowed myself to be drawn into all the various conflicting issues with some members that have arisen.

Helping Dan Develop Voodooshield was the only reason why I contributed to this thread.
    It's just a shame it's come to this.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  20. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Well, no official word yet, so maybe.....The ripple effects are there--who has had to "fix" his/her own VS problems and conflicts because of developer silence? I won't ask anymore about the new version. The release (non-beta) version is fine for the time being.

21. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

wait so where do i go to keep updated on updates?

22. _CyberGhosT_

In the early 2000's I ran a nuke PHP, then a couple years later a V Bulletin site for our gaming clan, running a site is not that hard, don't get me wrong it's not "simple" and demands Backups, Updates and a creative flair but it is not that hard.
    A VoodooShield site that would be stagnant is stretching it. Dan has no lack of honest devoted folks that would step up to the plate.

23. Peter2150

Then he should want to go for it

24. _CyberGhosT_

For sure @Peter2150 , if he's tired of getting the results he has been getting that is a clear option, in the end it is
    his idea and job to find a solution.
    Either way I hope he finds a less corrosive environment that is more friendly and supportive no matter what he does.

25. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Regardless, Dan should do his own thing. Even though he posted here a lot and has a big fan base, it was never the "Official Voodoo Shield Support Forums" like ESET used to have here. Time to move on folks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.