VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. andi_cro

andi_cro Registered Member

Voodoo report "possible exploit" after IDM was downloaded.
    Digital sig. is ok, blacklist ok, Vodoo AI is ok but something trigger that Voodoo pops up with possible exploit atempt!
    I usualy surf in Comodo Sandbox so I clean up the sandbox and evrithing was fine again but this exploit warning is interesting!

This is what's happening: https://youtu.be/93V9vdICmi8

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2017
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Welcome back Dan. When you have time, can you look over these? Thanks.
    Also, I'm wondering how to prevent standard users from messing with VoodooShield without setting a password that prompts me every time I need to disable it to install something.

3. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Sounds great, I will look at these issues and fix them asap, sorry for the delay... I will also catch up on the posts, pms and email asap.

I am really under the gun to get the web management console up and running (for a lot of reasons). The good news is, I am almost done with my part, so I can focus on the other items very soon. Thank you guys!

4. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Hi Champ, welcome & I wish you the best in your endeavors.:thumb:

5. VoodooShield

Getting close… sorry I have been away, but trust me, it will be worth it ;).

6. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Dan

We have missed you...:( but we are glad you are back :)....and with glad tidings of more goodies...:D

Hope that you are well? We look forward to the 'worth it' with bated breath.

Have a great weekend, my friend.

Regards, Baldrick

7. TheMalwareMaster

TheMalwareMaster Registered Member

What do you mean?

8. marciano222

marciano222 Registered Member

At work everything works great
    I have a pro version
    And it is a miracle
    Thanks Dan
    I greet all

9. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

Yeah get busy :p I feel like VS is naked without my rules backed up Dan.
    Seriously though, Thanks for all you do brother, it shows through in volumes where VS is concerned ;)

10. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Hi Dan,
    I noticed something that possibly do not have anything to do with VS, but I was dangerously close to execute a file (malware) as I right-clicked to do a VS scan.
    In my case the VS-scan has "Run as an administrator" on top next to it, when I use my media keyboard in front of the TV I am quite clumsy operating the trackball.
    Is this a Windows thing, or is it possible to "move" the scan away from this potentially "dangerous" place?

Just a tough.

/E

11. gorblimey

gorblimey Registered Member

And once again the "Accessibility" bunyip bites us on the backside when we least expect it :eek::gack:

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

It's not that dangerous unless you disabled UAC... Anyhow, looking forward to your response Dan.

13. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Even if you run it as administrator, if it's a malware, VS will stop it

14. VoodooShield

Sorry I have been away . The only way to really make progress with the VS code is to lock everything else out, otherwise I get distracted. But now I am almost finished with everything and the code is merged from the old VS with the new VS web management console… it should be smooth sailing from here. For the last few months, it was extremely difficult to keep everything straight, but soon we will be good to go .

Coming soon (hopefully in a week or so… 2-3 weeks at the absolute most)….

· Highly optimized and cleaned up pretty much all of the code. This will be VS 360 after all ;).

· Seriously cool rules wizard. If everything goes right, it is going to blow your mind. Not kidding. I am extremely excited to see which one of you can protect the entire computer with the fewest number of rules . It will be cool to build the rules together, and later include them as default rules.

· Web management console. Alex did an amazing job… it is killer. There will not be a lot of features to begin with, but they will be super easy to add in the next 1-2 months.

· Global web based command line database (command lines are always problematic for AE’s)

· Cleaned up and optimized the Settings form… well actually all forms.

· Whitelist and possibly the Userlog will display several other file insights, and you will be able to do some pretty cool stuff with it.

· Tons of small bug fixes that you guys have found. Hopefully I did not forget anything… but if so, it should be a quick fix.

There will be a few small bugs… there is no way around it, but they will be very limited and easy to fix.

If you really need to get a hold of me… please email me with a subject that grabs my attention.

Otherwise, I hope to talk to you guys soon… thank you guys!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

Can't wait to see it Dan, awesome news ;)

16. Tomin2009

Tomin2009 Registered Member

One reason let me choose VS is that you are really a active developer i have ever seen.

17. imdb

imdb Registered Member

is vs a whitelisting sw? if not, what exactly is it?

18. imuade

imuade Registered Member

Dan (the developer) refers to it as a "computer lock".
    Someone can say it's an anti-exe based on whitelist, but if you use it in auto-pilot mode it's very similar to an anti-virus
    For sure it's a great security software :)

19. imdb

imdb Registered Member

@imuade

afaiu, it's not a nvt-like traditional ae, right?

edit: i see that it's got some kinda sandbox. is it more like cis sb, or like sbie?

20. pablozi

pablozi Registered Member

Great news! Can't wait to see it. :)

21. imdb

imdb Registered Member

alright now, i mean no offense here, and i'm fully aware of the fact that vs is a genuine sw which is liked & trusted by many wilders members and all, but, i think its gui somewhat resembles the gui of rogue security sw's.
    other than that, it looks like a pretty solid sw. will give it a try.

22. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@VoodooShield
    Staying off forums is good therapy ;)
    Nice to hear you are keeping well and staying outta trouble :argh:
    Look forward to hearing and seeing developments soon.

23. imuade

imuade Registered Member

it does have a sandbox, but that's not its strength.
    If you use it in whitelist mode, it will block any exe not in the whitelist.
    If you use in auto-pilot mode, it will allow any exe which is clean according to virustotal and to VoodooAi.
    Either way, it doesn't rely on signatures, so it's very good against zero-day malwares

24. imdb

imdb Registered Member

25. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

If you are familiar with NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro, then you could look at VoodooShield as a modernized and simplified NVT ERP that eliminated the Trusted Vendors List and replaced it with Virus Total and an artificial intelligence scanner. Of course, there are a lot of unique features to VS that can't be described in one sentence, such as post-exploit protection and command line parsing, but roughly speaking, I think my description is not too far off the mark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.