VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

No problem.

Please let me know once your server is ready for "DD/MM/YYYY" format so that I can switch back from ""English (United States)".

2. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Thanks again, will do!

3. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

From Outside USA, my first installation

Voodoo Shield can't launch, look at this screenshot : "Trial period is expired"

It doesn't accept any email neither password.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. VoodooShield

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are trying to figure out a solution for this. We will let you know as soon as we have it figured out.

5. Ashanta

Thanks ! :thumb:

6. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I've installed VS...but I'm probably "a little stupid"...I never saw some action/popup of VS when "Train Me" was disabled. I didn't found any Gui, any window except main settings (start with system, etc.). Nothing was alerted, nothing was blocked... :doubt:
    BTW...registration was correct and easy.

7. VoodooShield

ichito, yes, in Train Me mode, VoodooShield is just watching the programs you are running, so it will not block them when it is in ON mode, so you will not see it do much in Train Me mode. Once it switches to off mode, any program that was not started in Off or Train Me mode will be killed.

We are trying to not have a big, complicated GUI. We want everyone to be able to use it, with very little configuration. We might have to add a few features, like a log, and a place to edit the snapshot. But we are trying to keep it as simple as possible. Thank you!

8. VoodooShield

Ashanta, the registration should be working correctly outside of the US, if not please let us know. Thank you!

9. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Ok...I understood, but below you have what I noticed in "ON" mode (blue icon in systray):
    - correctly blocked with popups: Emsisoft EK (Start.exe, BlitzBlank.exe, HiJackFree.exe, a2emergencykit.exe), HornilStylePix, Blowfish Advanced CS, 7zip, PhotoFiltre, PowerDefragmenter, Some PDF Image Extract, STDU Viewer, UltraSearch, Undelete-360, PotPlayer, Bullzip PDF Printer :thumb:
    - not blocked (I can run its): FreeCommander, 1by1, XnView, , CCleaner, IE8, Windows MP 11 o_O

10. Ashanta

Do I need to download again the setup file or it will be ok with the previous one ?

11. guest

guest Guest

@VoodooShield

Which is the revolutionary patent-pending technology behind this simple anti-executable?

And what exactly is the cloud technology that you mentioned before?

12. VoodooShield

ichito, VoodooShield will not block anything that was already running when in Off or Train Me mode. And once a program is allowed, it does not have to be trained again.

Ashanta, you should not have to download again. You should be able to right click and choose Register, and enter your email and password. If not, you can always download again, it is not necessary to uninstall.

13. VoodooShield

guest, you will notice that VooodooShield is extremely user friendly and simple. We wanted everyone to be able to use it. Unlike other anti-executable software, VoodooShield uses a proprietary snapshot / icon method to EASILY allow new software, without prompting the user. We did not want to prompt the user, since many users will automatically allow unknown software.

This method also creates a much smaller, customized whitelist that increases performance and reliability. Other anti-executable software must scan your entire hard drive for all executables, which results in a huge whitelist of several thousand executables. VoodooShield has an extremely small, customized whitelist, typically containing only 100-200 items.

The cloud based service is in the works. We will be able to tell you more about it once it is ready for release.

14. Ashanta

I installed Voodoo and after installation, it doesn't launch the program, nothing appeared, no screen.

I can't launch Voodoo, I have an error "Stop working"

Description :
    Stopped working

Signature du problème*:
    Nom d’événement de problème: CLR20r3
    Signature du problème 01: voodooshield.exe
    Signature du problème 02: 0.88.0.0
    Signature du problème 03: 4edc45da
    Signature du problème 04: Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Signature du problème 05: 8.0.0.0
    Signature du problème 06: 49cc7d22
    Signature du problème 07: 5e
    Signature du problème 08: 1e1
    Signature du problème 09: 34SSPS20BDJ3NJ0WMIT5KAMZHVGLFZCC
    Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité*:

15. Ashanta

I disabled EAM 6 and I didn't get the previous message.

Anyway, I still can't register with my email.

16. VoodooShield

Ashanta, can you pm me your email address? I can look into it for you.

17. M_G_H

M_G_H Registered Member

Ashanta, I had the same problem. I see that the error message above is in french so your regional settings are probably not in English US. My regional setting were set for French Canada, once I changed them to English US as soon as I opened the program, it registered itself.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Voodoo said that they are looking into fixing this.

18. Ashanta

Check your PM ;)

19. Ashanta

Thanks MGH,

I hope Voodoshield will fix soon.

20. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I guess Canada is also using DD/MM/YYYY format, it seems like VoodooShield server still has a problem recognizing this format.

21. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I hope....but after installing I have disabled train mode - so in this way only apps/processes launched with system (from autostart) shouldn't be blocked. Programs listed in my previous post was launched "from hand", not from icons but from originaly "exe".

22. VoodooShield

ichito, it shouldn't matter whether you launch an application from the icon or from the exe. Keep in mind, any application that is started in OFF or TRAIN ME mode, is always allowed when VoodooShield is in ON mode. We know it is very confusing and hard to explain, but once people understand how it works, it is extremely easy to use.

23. VoodooShield

We are still working on the registration problems people are experiencing outside of the USA. We unfortunately might have to include a permanent fix in the next beta release, which should be available anytime now. Thank you for everyone's patients!

24. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Oh pleasssse...I wrote earlier :)
    Between system's starting and testing VS in "ON" mode any application was NOT launched.

25. VoodooShield

ichito, if VS is blocking something that you would like to run, just left click VS to turn OFF, you can then start your new application. It will then either reactivate after 30 seconds, or you can left click again to manually reactivate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.