VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Cache

Cache Registered Member

I have just looked in process explorer (Task manager) and noticed that VoodooShield.exe has three entries (and VoodooShieldService.exe has one). Can anyone please tell me if this is normal? I looked partly because my system seems a bit sluggish since I installed VS yesterday.

2. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

I have only one exe and one service.

3. Cache

Cache Registered Member

Thanks Gandalf. Looks like something has gone wrong with my installation then. :(

4. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

Maybe you can do a clean install of version 3.21?
    Uninstall via add and remove programs, reboot, delete the folder C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield and after that reinstall.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Dan

Tested with SD this earlier. Before shadowing, I deleted the logs. Shadowed and ran a couple of hours. By then I had new logs. Exited Shadow mode, and all was well and the logs were gone as they should.

Pete

6. Djigi

Djigi Registered Member

2 process are normal...:ninja:

Attached Files:

7. Cache

Cache Registered Member

Thanks guys. I was about to do a reinstall but before doing that I exited VS and then killed the two remaining exes that were shown as still running in TM. Lo and behold when I started it again I have just one of each! Also it is now using a lot less resources and my system seems nice and snappy again!

8. guest

guest Guest

Wishlist for the whitelist
    • add a checkbox to hide system files
    • add a new column to show the VT result (ie: 0/50 or 2/50...)
    • add a new column to show the VoodooAI result
    • a button to purge the list
    • Right click functionality: scann in VT (again and update the result) or other similar services..., scan again with VoodooAI (update result), search in google the file name, properties, open file location...
    • Search function (real time or character by character)

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  9. Djigi

Djigi Registered Member

I like that:
    • Right click functionality: scann in VT (again and update the result) or other similar services..., scan again with VoodooAI (update result),

10. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Just noticed the icon had turned red whilst in autopilot and using Chrome. I disabled VS and then went back to autopilot to get it blue. I'm using VS free, MBAE free and Windows Defender on Win10. The two other PCs with same config are blue.

11. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

That's great to hear that you guys worked this out, thank you guys!

12. VoodooShield

Very cool, thank you Cache, Djigi, pablozi, guest, SHvFl and Gandalf_The_Grey!

13. VoodooShield

Yes it does! If anyone has issues with SD and VS, please let us know, thank you!

14. VoodooShield

Yeah, that is very, very odd, I have never seen that before. Please let me know if it happens again!

15. VoodooShield

Hey Pete, thank you for testing and letting me know, I appreciate it! Hopefully they continue to work well together, I guess we can just keep an eye on it.

16. VoodooShield

Thank you for the suggestions! I will add them to the to do list and look at each one closely!

17. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for letting me know. It probably just turned off after 10 minutes of user inactivity / system idle. I should probably change this so that AutoPilot does not turn off in this situation. Once you moved the mouse, did VS go back on AutoPilot?

18. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

No, I had to disable and re-enable. I have the icon always visible and it was the first time I had noticed it go red since moving from smart to auto.

19. Djigi

Djigi Registered Member

Win 10 x64 in shadow mode.
    Win defender disabled in GPE.
    VS v3.20.

Attached Files:

20. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Dan - running 3.21 which has been ok till yesterday when the GUI froze.

Conditions were that I was installing a program and responding to the warnings when I decided to switch to Training Mode. The rt click pop up remained on screen but the rest of the program carried on with the warnings. Has to force a close on the GUI, then restarted without any problem.

Win 8.1/64

21. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I had similar problem this morning but I was not installing a program. I just right click on the icon tray and VS froze completely. I could not
    even force a close on the GUI. Restart the PC fix the problem. I am using Win 10/64.

22. Cache

Cache Registered Member

In trying to decide the mode of operation, I have been alternating between Autopilot and Smart and noticed a significant difference in the resource usage.

Auto uses just 0.05% of CPU whereas Smart uses around 0.33 when both are just monitoring. I accept that both usages are very modest but Smart averages over six time Auto and I was just wondering if others had noticed something similar and whether I should factor this into my choice of default mode.

23. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

When i hide the shield than the whole voodoshield disappier and it is not in the taskbar( it is still running and active). Is it normal or a bug? I wanted to change settings but the icon is not there. im on win10 64bit.

24. Cache

Cache Registered Member

I certainly will!
    As I'm sure you read from my later post, I managed to delete the two "extra" files but here is an image I captured at the time:
    VS.exe.PNG

and here it is now, running as it should be.
    VS2.exe.PNG

25. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Just for information since I haven't seen it mentioned, I've downloaded and installed Cybergenics Shade sandbox after watching one of Cruelsister1's excellent Youtube reviews. So far, in just several hours of use late last night and today, it and VS are running great together. Win10 64 bit Pro, 8G RAM on an HP 355G2 laptop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.