VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I think Allow False Positive should always be there on the popups.

2. Callender

Callender Registered Member

Well I regularly get a false positive detection when I launch SwiftSearch. It's been that way with any version of VS that I've tried. Currently using VS 3.15

Initial scan okay.

VoodooShield Scan.jpg

VoodooAI says not okay.

VoodooShield False Positive.jpg

Section of user log.

VoodooShield User Log.jpg

However earlier versions of VS also regularly blocked this file by default. I know that it's safe and ideally need to auto allow once added to whitelist.

It may be blocked due to:

File is launched via Elevated Shortcut.
    Runs from appdata.
    Appdata has been relocated to a RAMdisk.

Download link: h**ps://sourceforge.net/projects/swiftsearch/files/latest/download

Appdata info:

Environment Variables.jpg

AppData.jpg

Temp.jpg

As for "Allow False Positive" I am never comfortable with the "Do you want to report this file as a false positive" question as there are times when I wish to run an installer that contains malware/ adware but will use other methods to clean install the software. However I also understand that most users will not know how to do this.

Maybe once a user clicks "Allow False Positive" there should be further dialog - something along the lines of:

"I know what I am doing and understand that allowing this file to run may introduce malware"

Then maybe a further prompt such as "Continue? Y/N"

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Dan - sorry to report another VS freeze.

This happened running Slimjet Browser (Chrome fork) and d/l extension FLST. Froze and stopped the d/l.

I am running Win 8.1/64.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Edit - I was on autopilot

4. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Dan,

Please check your PMs and emails.

Thanks.

5. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Cool, thank you! Yeah, the unique configurations make things a little difficult in a way, but overall it is a great thing because it really helps to expose the bugs ;). Cool, please let me know if something comes up!

6. VoodooShield

I was mainly referring to AutoPilot, but we might be able to fine tune the other modes a little as well. Please keep in mind that VoodooAi and the User Recommendation features are very, very new and are in their infancy, but the usability and performance will rapidly increase in the next 3-6 months. It is going to take some time to get the Ai just right (even though VoodooAi is pretty darn close as it is, I believe)... just ask the other small handful of companies that have spent years and millions of dollars on developing similar technology... most or all of them have teams of data scientists, which obviously we do not, and limit their technology to the enterprise.

Also, please keep in mind, VS is basically an anti-executable, so it is going to block some things from time to time, no matter what we do. If someone could figure out a was to create an anti-executable that only blocked the bad stuff, it would truly be the holy grail of computer security. Thank you!

7. VoodooShield

Very cool, thank you for letting me know... the freeze issue has 100% of my focus, so hopefully it will be fixed asap!

8. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you!

9. VoodooShield

I believe this is completely fixed for the next release... I guess we will see ;). Either way, we are getting very close ;). Thank you!

10. VoodooShield

I agree, that will be part of the next release. Once we get VoodooAi and the User Recommendations just right, then maybe we can hide that button when the blocked file is super bad. I guess we will see. Thank you!

11. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you... all of these posts help a lot, so please keep posting any errors you guys find! It helps me to piece together the puzzle.

I see what you are saying about the prompt... it is a little confusing, so I will change it. There was another wilders user that thought the same thing, so I will change it for the next version... and yeah, once the false positive feature is completely implemented, we will update it again.

Thank you!

12. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

A special CONGRATULATIONS to Dan and Voodooshield for reaching their 5th anniversary tomorrow.

~ Removed Copyrighted Image ~

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  13. VoodooShield

Thank you, I appreciate that! And thank you guys for all of your help... it has been a lot of hard work, but also a heck of a lot of fun! Here is to next 5 years ;).

14. Djigi

Djigi Registered Member

15. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Need to uninstall voodooshield. I have heavy framelaggs on playing games. more framelaggs than any other av i have tested. Sad, i realy like voodooshield.
    im on win10 64Bit.

16. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

What type of lag are you talking about, noticeable lag or little stutters here and there?

Plus, what system specs are you running? and Do you leave other software running in the background, while gaming?

17. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Constant framelaggs. its like shooting 2-3 times slower than normal, run slower and all is slow and abit stutter. i use a i7, 8gb ram and a gforce 940. have nothing in the background.

18. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Just when you're gaming, have you tried putting VoodooShield in "Disable / Install Mode", to see if that helps?

Plus, make sure you don't add any gaming processes to Web Apps.

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It was checked, so I uncheld Deny by default. However, when I went to launch the WPS Office updater manually, it was no there. It seems I mistakenly quaratnied it at some point. When I opened VS and restored it from the quarantine, it was not restored. I got no error, and the file was deleted was quarantine.

20. VoodooShield

21. TheBear

TheBear Registered Member

Works Fine Here.

Win 10 home.

22. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

Using version 317, got an exception error while VS was rebuilding the whitelist. VS was in Autopilot mode. See screenshot:

upload_2016-5-5_21-43-50.png

23. VoodooShield

Thank you Djigi!

24. VoodooShield

Hmmm, very odd, please do not worry, we will fix it ;). Have you tried putting VS in Disable Protection mode (thank you Tyrizian), just to see if that makes a difference? Also, what games are you playing? I can download them and see if I have the same issue. Also, is it possible to minimize the game enough to be able to see the task manager to see if VS is super high on the CPU cycles? Thank you!

25. VoodooShield

Thank you... yeah, I never thought of making sure gaming processes are not part of the web apps... that would not be good ;).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.