VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Hmmm... how are you disconnecting from the web? if you let me know, I will disconnect the exact same way and test... it should be easy to fix once I do that.

Yeah, I noticed that 2 on the mini alerts.... I will fix that, thank you. If it happens again in the next few weeks, please let me know.

Yeah, the VoodooAi is a little sensitive (I have mentioned this a couple of times ;))... once all of the bugs are fixed, I will fine tune this a little more. For now, I think it is good to be on the sensitive side, and it will be easy to fine tune.

I will catch up on the other posts I missed soon!

2. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I am on Win 10 64. I simply OFF WiFi from the Network icon on the taskbar.

3. khanyash

I confirm this. Same here on Win 10 64 & VS "Always ON".

And it seems blocking AX64 Time Machine V2...didn't appear on taskbar. Run AX64 & restarted system & didn't appear on taskbar. Tried 3 system restart & didn't appear on taskbar. Uninstalled VS & restarted system & AX64 appear on taskbar.

4. guest

guest Guest

@VoodooShield
    3.12beta
    1) VS (Smart Mode)
    = After mounting of Truecrypt-Volumes VS switches to ON (USB) -- (but there is no Web App running, and no USB-Drive connected)
    (this also happend with earlier beta's)

2) [X] Automatically deactivate after 10 minutes of system idle
    = VS deactivates itself after 10 minutes, but is not automatically reactivating itself after mouse/keyboard-events

3) VS (Training Mode)
    With 3.10beta it always stayed in this mode, but with 3.11beta+3.12beta after some time it switched to Disabled Mode or On.
    And again, a few minutes ago i switched to Training Mode, after 1-2 minutes i looked at the trayicon and VS was in Smart Mode :eek:
    = VS is switching modes on its own.

5. Moose World

Moose World Registered Member

@stapp

#9450 Thanks for clearing that up! I was :confused:

Appreciated!!:)

6. Callender

Callender Registered Member

FYI:

VoodooShield Pro v2.86 stops working if Privacy Fence is installed.

http://www.fortresgrand.com/products/pf/pf.htm

All works okay until after a reboot. Then "A problem has caused VoodooShield" to stop working. Reinstalled VoodooShield - same issue.

Disabled Privacy Fence protection and rebooted. VoodooShield works.

Disable Privacy Fence.jpg

Also when installing Privacy Fence command lines needed to be allowed:

Command Lines.jpg

I've uninstalled Privacy Fence but it would be great if it could work alongside VoodooShield.

Attached Files:

7. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you... I was able to duplicate this issue, so it will be an easy fix. Just to confirm... this has always been an issue, right? I mean, did this happen in 3.10? I kinda need to know because there are a couple of different ways I can fix this. Thank you!

8. Willpower

Willpower Registered Member

@VoodooShield

I don't post often however just wanted to say the work done on VS and the development of AI is top notch.
    Have included your progie in my layered Security profile since purchasing a Pro license in V. 2
    Excellent!

9. VoodooShield

That is my understanding as well. But is this an excuse to not lock your computer when it is at risk? ;)

VS actually has quite a few enterprise users, and we need to update our management console to make it easier for them. I am just really bad at web development, so it will be a little while before we can do this. But the way I see it, the admins should not worry about maintaining everyone's whitelist... they should just use whatever endpoint protection they are currently using, but also lock the endpoint when it is at risk ;). Several of my computer consulting clients are complete novices... but they understand VS and have used it perfectly for 4+ years ;).

10. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

With Symantec Endpoint, for example, you have to write rules for every step of the run sequence. explorer.exe > program A > sub-program X > program B >>>

It's crazy...

11. VoodooShield

Thank you, I appreciate that! Hopefully it will get even better in the next week or so!

Actually Vlad did most of the heavy lifting... I am just polishing it and making it look pretty ;). Speaking of Vlad, I talked to him recently. He is doing well, and recently had a really cool job promotion... I think he is going to post on here sometime soon.

12. VoodooShield

Exactly!!! Did you watch that video that I posted? If not, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqFAHSTKWk

You are absolutely correct, it is extremely daunting in the enterprise... I had no idea it was that difficult.

13. VoodooShield

But my point is... that is not an excuse to not lock the computer when it is at risk, right? ;)

14. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Of course computer should be locked. :D

15. khanyash

I think the prob was not there in 3.10...VS gave alert something like internet not connected..connect to internet for cloud scan with options allow/block, etc...

16. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Dan, just an FYI. VS is still freezing at times with 3.12, and once again it was after allowing a Command Line while Chrome was open.

Oh, and that Command Line was also showing as Blocked in VS so I needed to change it to Allow.

Cheers.

17. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Sigh. VS froze again and guess what? Yep! This time it was the Chrome Software Reporter Tool and not a Command Line, but as soon as I allowed it VS froze requiring me to kill VS in Task Manager.

18. VoodooShield

Hmmm... something is not right. I disabled my internet connection the same way you did, and here is the result I got:

VS 3.10 and VS 3.11 did not work
    VS 3.12 and VS 3.13 does work

Please try with 3.13, which I will post in a minute. If that does not work, I will send you a special debug version of VS that will display some info in a message box, and we will figure it out. Thank you!

19. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for letting me know... I am hoping it is fixed in 3.13, but if not, please let me know. I know what the problem is, but it is kind of hard to fix, but I am getting close ;).

20. khanyash

Ok, lets see...waiting for VS 3.13.

I restart system after VS install...does VS needs system restart to work correctly or fully?

21. VoodooShield

I will catch up on the other posts asap, but here is the latest version. There are quite a few new features and bug fixes... we are getting close! There are 2 interesting new features on the Settings / Basic tab that users who think VS is a little over protective will enjoy. With all of the new VoodooAi and Auto Decision stuff, I figured renaming Scan & Allow Mode to AutoPilot was appropriate. Also, on first run, VS will ask if you want to start in AutoPilot or Application Whitelisting (Smart Mode). Also, there is a new section in the user prompt that shows more details of the blocked item... Like Command Line, Hash, DEP, ASLR... along with some other stuff.

www.voodooshield.com/artwork/ap.png

http://www.voodooshield.com/artwork/newsettings.png

Here is the latest version!

www.voodooshield.com/artwork/InstallVoodooShield313.exe

We are getting close! I just have to figure out the freezing issue, the SHA-256 signature, Windows 10 Cuckoo RDP and there are 5 or so really small silly things. Thank you!

22. VoodooShield

Cool, hopefully it will work, if not, it will be easy to fix.

Check out the new options in the Settings / Basic Tab... you especially will like them ;).

23. khanyash

We are getting close...do you mean stable VS 3?

24. VoodooShield

Yeah, I am hoping to have a final VS 3.0 release within a week or so. Then it is on to VS 4.0 ;).

25. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Thanks Dan. Installing right now.

PS: the freezing just happened again a few minutes ago (3.12) after allowing another Command Line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.