VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

I saw someone mentioned Enterprise-type application whitelisting.

Forget about it; it is a horrendous task - even for savvy IT pros. For home user it is a monumental task - so not practical.

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I had a chance to test 3.11 earlier today, and I experienced the same problem i've had since VS Ai was integrated into VS. If I attempted to launch any application not on the whitelist VS would not prompt me until around a minute later causing applications to launch with extreme delay. I uninstalled Eset Smart Security, and only used Windows Firewall. I also uninstalled AppGuard. I checked my internet, and it was working fine.

VS also froze on me, and never recovered after right clicking on the tray icon. The mouse cursor began to spin, and never stopped. I waited for about 5-6 minutes for VS to recover with no luck.

One small thing, just after installing VS I was not able to type into the password box to register my copy of VS. I had to reboot before I was able to type anything into the password field. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.

3. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

@Moose World

The post number is #9362. The link to the build is at the bottom of the post, and although it says 3.10beta it is actually 3.11

4. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Still on 3.09. I am installing Adguard and AI is showing it is unsafe which of course it is not.

5. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Oops... I forgot to take into consideration command lines in the new "anti-exploit" feature... my bad, sorry about that ;). That explains the majority of blocks that users experienced. Basically, I just completely skipped the command lines because I did not notice any blocks.

Anyway, that is fixed now, along with most or all of the other stuff, and I will post a version sometime tonight or tomorrow at the very latest. I made a bunch of last minute changes, so I just want to triple check that I did not mess anything up ;). One way or another, believe me, you guys are going to find something small that I have to fix. But really, these are all super easy fixes... well the command line issue was not super easy, but it was pretty easy.

CET- I am almost certain that your issue has to do with the way VS detects whether or not there is an internet connection. I think it is fixed in the next version I am going to post soon.

This weekend I will go through all of the posts to see if I missed anything. Believe it or not, I think we can get VS 3.12 to be pretty much bug free by the end of the weekend... if not, I would think for sure by the end of next weekend. Thank you!

6. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I don't know if this will help any, but i'm using this Netgear N600 802.11n Dual Band Wireless Adapter. You can click on tech specs for more info. http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-adapters/WNDA3100.aspx#tab-techspecs

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Cheers, Dan

I was about to contact you about the command line thing...as it has been very 'noisy'...;)

Will be looking out for the next beta and will install and test as soon as I can get my hands on it.

Have a great weekend...which I hope includes some relaxation...:thumb:

Regards, Baldrick

8. VoodooShield

Here is the latest version... I did not get a chance to test it quite as much as I would like, but I think it is good to go! I will catch up soon, thank you!

www.voodooshield.com/artwork/InstallVoodooShield312.exe

BTW, there will still be command line blocks, but only one for each item... hopefully ;).

9. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Dan,

I'll install 3.12 and give her a test. I'll post if I see any bugs.

Cheers.

PS: Get some rest! ;)

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yay!

"WLM bug" = FIXED!

"IE Command Lines on close" bug = FIXED!

:thumb: Nice work, Dan.

I did see this from Smart Screen Filter, but I've seen the same for the last few builds too.

VoodooShield Installer.PNG

11. VoodooShield

Thank you Baldrick and Krusty!

Yeah, I think as soon as we sign the installer with the SHA-256 signature, that message will go away.

BTW, the BitDefender QuickScan is almost working... the command lines are fixed, but now I noticed something else, but it is an easy fix ;). Basically, VS auto scans everything in the appdata and programdata folders, (even if it is whitelisted) since these are one of the favorite hiding spots for malware... there are several ways to fix this, I just have to figure out which one makes the most sense. The command line issue seems to be fixed, but it will block the plugin until I fix it... you just have to allow it for now, but it will be fixed soon.

12. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Dan

Thanks...installed...and running nicely. Have seen the Smart Screen Filter prompt as mentioned by Krusty13...but this is the first time that I have seen this.

Regards, Baldrick

13. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Bonus: The "insert USB drive while idle" bug appears to be fixed too. :)

14. guest

guest Guest

Beta = Publisher for the digital certificate is Verisign (SHA-1) = Smartscreen Alert
    Last official VS-Release 2.86 = the Publisher is Symantec (SHA-256) = No Alert

15. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you guys!

Yeah, thank you mood... I think that is all we need to do to fix that. I just haven't worked on that yet.

Before I forget... I checked out MS Edge, and how VS disappears when Edge is full screen. It is almost like Edge works like a Windows Store App that is always on top... and kinda has "Super Top Most", or whatever they call it. I think there is a way around this, but I am not sure it is going to be easy. The last time I checked out something like this was when Windows 8 came out, and all of the apps were at the very top of the screen... and there did not seem to be an easy work around for it, although I think it is possible.

16. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Thanks Dan. It's not a biggie as I'm sure Edge will change back to default view if VS prompts for something. At least I think so anyway.

17. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Great, downloading now...
    Will test & report any findings here...

18. VoodooShield

Cool... please remember, if a file is not signed, it should be understandable that VoodooAi might think it is suspicious ;). Just playing with you!

On the BitDefender plugin... actually, it kinda does work... you just have to go into command lines and allow the 2 items. I am not exactly sure what is up with it, but it will be an easy fix.

19. guest

guest Guest

I think it's (maybe) not possible to be "always" on top of all other windows.
    If Edge is using a "Super Top Most"-technique to be on top, and if you are using this technique too...
    What window is now the top most window?
    You are basically knocking each other off the top.

20. khanyash

Net disconnected prob previously mentioned is still there i.e I test with portable programs & none of the programs run on net disconnected. And the programs I tried on net disconnected doesn't run after net is connected too. Exit VS & all programs that were tried to run appears.

Sometimes mini alerts appears bottom center or side instead of bottom right.
    I understand if 2 or more mini alerts are there then alerts appear side by side, right? But when only 1 mini alert is there it should always appear on the bottom right, right? But sometimes appear bottom center or side.

I find VoodooAi suspicious detection little sensitive.
    Do you think would be good if blacklist scan finds the file safe & VoodooAi finds suspicious, recommendation should be allow or something like may allow, etc...?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  21. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but after I allow a Command Line it shows as Blocked in VS so I need to allow it again. If I manually Allow the Command Line in VS I am not prompted next time.

Example:

I open Netgear Genie while a Web Application is open and I am prompted to allow "Ver". I close VS and I am prompted to allow "sc stop netgeargeniedaemon". Opening Negear Genie I get the same prompts until I manually Allow "Ver" and "sc stop netgeargeniedaemon".

Thanks.

22. khanyash

I never got the smart screen for any VS install on my Win 10 64?

23. guest

guest Guest

You mean, after VS has added a Command Line it is shown as Blocked in the List (but it should be Allow). So you have to manually switch it from Blocked to Allow?
    If yes, this should be a bug. I encountered this in earlier versions too.

24. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Yes, after I Allow a Command Line it is shown as Blocked in the list, and it isn't allowed next time it runs, unless I manually change it to Allow.

25. VoodooShield

Yeah, exactly... that's a good point! For example, I use Windows Media Center for my TV and VS always hides below it... it is funny because I never even though twice about it ;). I think MS might be the one ones with access to "super top most", or whatever it is called. I can check it out though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.