VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:thumb: - So far so good. :cool:

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm looking forward to trying the KMD.

3. singularity

singularity Registered Member

Thank you for adopting my suggestion that the window stays active after saving settings. :)

4. hjlbx

hjlbx Guest

Yeah buddy... !!

5. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Yeah, the problem with XP is that it is extremely difficult to get the command lines, but I am hoping that the KMD will fix that. Thank you!

6. VoodooShield

Hmmm, do you mean in the Settings / Web Apps tab? Please let me know, thank you!

7. VoodooShield

Can you please post a screenshot of the prompt or email me one (support@voodooshield.com)? Thank you!

8. VoodooShield

Or this would work too, thank you HJLBX!

9. VoodooShield

I see, yes, I can reproduce the error as well, I think I know what it is and it should be an easy fix. Thank you!

10. VoodooShield

I see. The latest version will log a command line block in Settings / Command Lines as a block. You can then right click on the item to allow it. I think this will work for you, but if I need to tweak it a little, please let me know, thank you!

11. VoodooShield

Cool, please let me know if there are any suggestions or tweaks to the command lines in the latest version!

12. VoodooShield

Thank you, I appreciate that! I have not idea why the flash plugin was tagged as malicious, that is odd. Thank you for letting me know!

13. VoodooShield

Well, I cannot thank you guys enough either ;).

Yeah, the extra line is for users to be able to manually add a command line. Although, I highly doubt anyone would ever use this, so if you think we should remove it, then let's do.

Yeah, on the auto allow of program files and windows, basically the Custom Folders tab will populate (or not) these folders, depending on if they are checked. Then if the user disables Custom Folders, if either of these 2 options are checked, the user is prompted to see if they would like to re enable these options. This worked pretty well for me, so please check it out and let me know what you think. If you think it is better to disable those settings, we can do that instead. I just think that the way it is currently handled is a little more flexible.

BTW, dealing with this potential conflict was one reason (among other similar reasons) it took so long to finish the new Custom Folders option ;).

Basically, more features = more conflicts / bugs ;).

But I think it is important for VS to be as flexible and feature rich as possible, so we just have to work through them.

14. VoodooShield

Yeah, I like it as well, thank you singularity for the suggestion!

15. VoodooShield

Sure, thank you! Yeah, I am going to add Cyberfox and we easily have room for 3 more, does anyone else have any other suggestions for web apps that we should add? We can always add as many as we want, but as you guys can see, there are 4 spots where we can easily add 4 more.

Sure, I can change to calendarofupdates.org, I am just now sure where I need to change it, so please let me know. It used to be on our old website, but when we redesigned our site, calendarofupdates was temporarily down, so I think we did not include it in the new site.

16. VoodooShield

Hey Baldrick, yeah, that is pretty much the idea.

Yeah, I just posted this part above, but just in case: Yeah, on the auto allow of program files and windows, basically the Custom Folders tab will populate (or not) these folders, depending on if they are checked. Then if the user disables Custom Folders, if either of these 2 options are checked, the user is prompted to see if they would like to re enable these options. This worked pretty well for me, so please check it out and let me know what you think. If you think it is better to disable those settings, we can do that instead. I just think that the way it is currently handled is a little more flexible.

1. Cool, I will check that out and figure out how to fix it.

2. Great eye, thank you for finding that. Yeah, I know why that is happening, it will be an easy fix.

There are probably a few more bugs and tweaks for the new Custom Folder feature, and there are a lot of things we can add to it soon. Thank you!

17. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for letting me know!

18. VoodooShield

Me too, I am getting close! We are going to start out with the "basic" (but modified) mini filter driver from Microsoft. Originally, we were going to license the driver Bouncer driver, but we could not afford it at the time. Now that we are able to receive funding, if we find that the Bouncer driver will work even better for us, then we will talk to them and see if we can work something out.

The appcertdll method that VS is currently using is a great method, but certain things have always been difficult to deal with when using this method, and switching to the KMD will fix these issues. For example, the command lines will now come directly from the driver, instead of having an extra 1000 or so lines of code that the appcertdll requires for filtering and preparing the command lines, so it should work quite well. Thank you!

19. VoodooShield

Sure, thank you for the suggestion, I like it too ;).

20. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

yes

21. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

I installed ver 2.79 and it was running ok until I had to transfer all my camera photos over to the computer. I use a USB multi reader. There were around 100 to move over. The process just crawled. Usually it is around 16Mb/sec but went down to a few Kb/sec. I stopped VS via task manager which made a small improvement but had to completely uninstall to get the performance back.

22. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

FYI, the latest beta is 2.82.

23. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - must have missed that post. Will try it on the next batch I do.

24. Callender

Callender Registered Member

My thoughts:

Flash Player Plugin from Adobe has sometimes come bundled with toolbars or additional software that will be installed if you don't tick the checkbox.

If you want a clean flash player plugin download always get if from here:

~Link removed. See this. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/adobe-flash-player-v11-4-402-278.332454/

The downloads on that page are guaranteed clean unlike the downloads from:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Those come bundled with optional extras and sometimes they are flagged up by virus scanners.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  25. Piter

Piter Registered Member

Hi Dan,
    I think for pdf xchange viewer- http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer.
    Best Regards,
    Plamen!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.