VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi Dan

Just to let you know that .73 is working great here on both Win7 64bit & Win8.1 32bit...and the new "Auto Immune" (my name for the Scan & Allow feature ;)) seems to work like a dream...my new favouritest bit of VS.

Will keep you posted if I do happen to come across anything during the testing.

Regards, Baldrick

2. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Cool, thank you! Yeah, that was the whole point of 2.73... I tried to make it as efficient as possible, and tried to bug the user as little as possible, while still keeping everything secure.

3. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you siketa and Baldrick!

4. VoodooShield

I think everything is just right in the latest version, but if not, please let me know!

5. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for the suggestions. As you can see, I added about half of these in the latest version, and I will look into the other ones that have not yet been added.

6. VoodooShield

Yeah, it should be fixed now, if not, please let me know!

7. VoodooShield

Yeah, there really is not a lot of info we can gather on command line blocks. I might be able to add them to the user log though.

8. VoodooShield

Yeah, but if a web app is running, these need to be blacklisted. I really do not see any way around this.

9. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you, it should be fixed in the latest version, if not, please let me know.

10. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that is odd. Please let me know if this is still an issue in the latest version... I bet it is fixed.

11. VoodooShield

Hehehe, thank you Baldrick (and the other people with nice comments). So what do you think of the latest version? ;)

12. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Hi Dan...
    2.73 on board and some strange behaviour - the module "Custom folders/custom blocked folders"...files in folders included inside should be automatically blocked and they are blocked...but not all. There are blocked files like "exe", "msi" - executable in general as I mean - but files like DOC, XLS, JPG can be executed without reaction of VS.
    Is it bug or feature? :isay:

13. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

You have not yet gotten to that post yet, as I am sure that you have a lot of them to catch up on...;)

All I would say is that VS is now even more of a masterpiece than it was...can it get any better? :D

Baldrick

14. VoodooShield

Hmmm, I am not sure, but VS disables UAC just as the user would, so really it has nothing to do with VS. Usually it is the other way around... usually it is UAC that causes issues... I see it ALL the time, especially with a lot of medical and dental software. It is quite funny when I am at a clients office and the medical software company remotes in to a computer to fix an issue, hehehe, the first thing they do EVERY TIME is to check to make sure UAC is disabled.

BTW, VS no longer prompts to disable UAC on installation. I figured that since UAC is disabled on 91% of all computers anyway, there is no need for VS to disable UAC... that way I do not have to hear about how disabling UAC is not a good idea ;).

Speaking of UAC, you guys might find this interesting ;).

http://blog.cylance.com/trick-me-once-shameonuac

15. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Hi Dan,
    Good to see you back with us (I know you've been busy).
    I've just installed 2.73b and no problems so far. Seems to be running just great.

Many thanks
    Gordon

16. VoodooShield

Yeah, I agree. Currently, VS does not do anything with elevation of privileges... and if you ask me, that is an extremely old unix technology that should have been buried a lot time ago ;).

17. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for letting me know. This should be fixed in the latest version.

18. VoodooShield

Hmmm, I am not sure... mainly because there is not a lot of information to be captured. Can you help me think of what kinds of info could be captured? If so, I can look into it, thank you!

19. VoodooShield

Yeah, that should definitely be fixed in the latest version, if not, please let me know!

20. VoodooShield

Thanks again guys for all of the nice comments! I would reply to each one individually, but that would take up too much space on this thread. Instead, how about I buy you guys a beer in Vegas soon? ;).

21. VoodooShield

The blacklist items feature should be working correctly now, but if not, please let me know!

22. VoodooShield

Cool, the other items should be fixed... but this one we need to think about: "Once set password, the only way to revert back to not using a password is to select "Set Password" with empty password fields. This is not intuitive." I agree, it is not intuitive... should we have a clear password button as well?

23. VoodooShield

Yeah, it should be fixed in the latest version... it was kind of difficult to get it to work exactly the way we wanted to, but I think it is good now. If not, please let me know, thank you!

24. VoodooShield

Yeah, this should FOR SURE be fixed in the latest version, if not, please let me know.

25. VoodooShield

Cool, thank you for finding these bugs. I think they are all fixed in the latest version, if not, please let me know!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.