VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

You should have tried to open each program not using train mode,I did and nothing happens the programs just open minus any ballon notification,So whats the point of it.IMO the program is not complete like its missing half of its user interface,logs etc.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Yeah I know. It would be nice though to see what it blocked. I wasn't watching it once and it flashed something across the screen that I didn't see. Turned out when I ran IE again and I noticed that it had blocked werfault.exe. Again a log of recent blocking actions would be nice.

3. Dark Shadow

Agree.

4. enemyofarsenic

enemyofarsenic Registered Member

this is going to be yearly subscription pay i suppose?

5. Boost

Boost Registered Member

So now someone is tryin to market a Anti-executable as a antivirus program?

Wow,what some will do for money I guess.

6. Dark Shadow

Well a good response from VoodooShield.I reported the bugs yesterday and received a response back this morning.There looking into the bugs I reported.

7. kjdemuth

Always a good thing. Lets hope that they keep that trend up.

8. kjdemuth

Djohn, Whats the email you used for bug reports?

9. Dark Shadow

10. Dark Shadow

Hers is a second follow up From VS and they should be viewing suggestion and what people are saying about it.

Attached Files:

11. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Hi, we just wanted to thank everyone for helping us with the VoodooShield beta test. Hopefully you will not think of VS as just another anti-executable. VS was designed to be extremely lightweight, simple and user-friendly, so that even computer novices can use it.

BTW, VS is constantly training in OFF mode (and Train Me mode). To train VS to allow a new program, you can left click on the shield to turn OFF, and then start your new program. You can then either manually reactivate VS by left clicking again, or VS will automatically reactivate. You can change the reactivation time in the settings screen.

Thanks again for everyone’s help and input. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve VS. We will be releasing the next beta version soon, and will let everyone know when it is available.

12. Dark Shadow

Hello Voodooshield Welcome to wilders and I am glad to see you join us.I hope for the best for your product and company.Now we will see how it developes and matures along the way.:thumb:

13. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Voodoo do you think we can see a test of VoodooSheild vs some nasties to see how it works in combat? :)

14. VoodooShield

Thank you djohn!

15. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

Take a Anti-Executable program ,test it against some malware,you'll see the same results.

16. VoodooShield

Sure cheater87! We have tested it extensively, and it has not been broken yet. I guess a couple of people on this forum have tested it as well and have had the same result. Keep in mind, it is still in beta and is not quite where we want it to be yet, so I wouldn't do anything too crazy unless you are running on a VM. There are are some features we are currently adding, and hopefully within a month or so it will be ready for anything we throw at it. We just wanted to release it as a beta so people can see what we are working on, and so it can start killing viruses. I am tired of my clients getting viruses!!!!

17. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

I'll tell you this much,you better make it password protected,as many users will disable it,during the wrong time,and they'll still be able to download and execute whatever file they are dealing with in front of them very easily.

18. VoodooShield

Exactly, our next release will have a password for corporate / enterprise users, and kids.

19. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

Any idea as what kind of pricing you guys are looking at? Kinda important,especially with this economy and all.

20. Dark Shadow

It does need self protection,I was able to kill it in task manager and had to manually restart it.

21. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

I disabled VS in a second,just as simple as left clicking for 1 second,it's a done deal. Any software thats on your desktop,etc,that you want to run,will run.

22. Dark Shadow

Thats where the password protection will come in,just in case its disabled by accident users will be forced to a password or that Captcha goo goo. I was refering to the service running background thats different.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  23. TOOEVL

TOOEVL Registered Member

I know what you were saying,I'm saying,until it's password protected,which I already mentioned to them,it's not real strong at this point at all.

24. Dark Shadow

Agree.

25. VoodooShield

We are not sure about the price yet, we would like to be as reasonable as possible. We were thinking around $30 per year, since it is going to be cloud based and will have some pretty cool features. What do you guys think about the price? Is there any way to do a poll on here? I personally would like to keep it free and find a way to monetize the site for revenue. But right now there are 3 developers, several business and sales people, several attorneys, and 4 investors, and we need to keep everyone happy. But if anyone has any ideas on how we could possibly keep it free and just monetize the site, please let us know!

Yes, once we are finished with the beta, we will make sure VS is protected. We just did not want to lock it down during the beta, just in case things went wrong for a user... we wanted them to be able to kill it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.