VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Yeah, I just tried it and was able to reproduce the error, so we will fix that soon. Thank you!

2. VoodooShield

Hmmm, that is odd... do you mean the VoodooShield Desktop shortcut is not working? If you right click on it and look where it is pointing, is it pointing to the correct place? I am sure it is something simple, just like most or all of these issues. Hopefully we will have all of the little annoyances fixed in the next week! Thank you!

3. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

VS also blocks the CMD command without giving a prompt at all so you don't have an option to allow it. I just sent you an email about it.

Regards,
    Mike

4. reyes

reyes Registered Member

Tried again still no Logs..... as guest said the 300 RAM issue is WSA related......... just need to report the scan log of WSA to Webroot and they have to whitelist the unknow files and everything will be fine :) also opening task manager takes more time...

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. guest

guest Guest

just a question, i suppose the license is for one machine? or i can use it also on a VM or other PC ?

6. guest

guest Guest

on win8.1 , it allows it without notification :p

the scan popup freezes seems to occur mostly with Win8.1 processes.

7. VoodooShield

On my Mini-laptop, Win8.1 upd 1 x64, real system, 2gb RAM

i have them

I don't have them so i assume i'm good ^^
    Exactly, there should not be folders, just the 1 or 2 dll's.

observations summary:

1- installed and rebooted , VS crashes on startup, restarted again, all went fine.

Hmm, I wonder why it crashed.

2- set VS to "Always On":

a- launched some safe exe , balloon appears, did nothing , exe was allowed to tun , is it normal?

Do you mean that the file ran after the balloon appeared, even though you did not click the balloon or allow? If so, this is a bug that we will have to fix!

b- launched some Win8 tool (regedit, etc..) and safe exe, balloon appears, clicked it , VS run the scan (popup appears) , tried to select an option ("allow", etc...), scan popup seems frozen and stay on-top (cant click any of the choices), after some repeated clicks on it, VS shield turned red, scan popup still there. note: balloon repeatedly notify that VS seems to block multiple time the same exe.
    to fix it , i have to restart VoodooShield.exe process in Process Hacker; then VS shield turned blue as expected. Maybe due to my slow system. (2gb Ram)

Sounds good, we will have to fix that.

c- launched a .bat file , files is allowed to run without any notification.

Same thing, we will have to fix that!

d- launched an exe (safe beta but unknown yet software file ), balloon appears, clicked on it, scan popup flagged it as malware (as expected), ask me to block or quarantine the exe (no allow choice), clicked quarantine, file still in its location, normal? (unless i misunderstood VS' quarantine function)

Quarantine should rename the file and move it to C:\ProgramData\VoodooShield\Quarantine. Actually, right now it is moving it to C:\ProgramData\VoodooSoft\VoodooShield\2.0.0.0\Quarantine, but I will fix that in the next version.

3- User Log screen empty
    That is really odd, thank you for letting me know. It is really weird how I am not seeing most of these issues on any of my test computers, so there must be a simple explanation. We will get to the bottom of it .

Impressions:

i am a new user of VS (but i read about it) so it is a total discovery for me; from what i feel it seems to be a very effective apps with lot of potential. Keep the good works on.

Thank you, we appreciate that!

that is all for the moment, i will proceed some more tests.

Thanks.

edit:

- redone situation 2a, issue did not repeat but mouse circling over the window where the exe belong; restarted voodooshield.exe; all exe even those blocked previously were allowed to run.
    it seems that restarting VS process undo all previous actions.

- redone situation 2d; if i click nothing (simulating i am afk), then few seconds after observation 2a occurs; then situation 2d appears; weird.
    Thank you for testing and reporting the bugs, it really helps a lot!

8. VoodooShield

The license does not have a limit, you can use it on as many computers or VM's as you would like!

9. VoodooShield

I see, thank you, we will fix that!

10. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Yes, desktop shortcut. Right clicking and open file location points to VS.exe in the VS program folder. Double left-clicking VS desktop shortcut does nothing. I know minor, but I wanted to let you know.

11. guest

guest Guest

yes, you can reproduce it by opening regedit via run box and touch nothing. the balloon will appear several times , regedit will open , the balloon will keep asking. so if you click on the balloon, scan will occur, balloon will still keep asking, scan popup appears , if you click "allow" you will have a small delay before it closes, but the balloon will keep asking. (witnessing this behavior right now ^^)

but if you close regedit , balloon endless prompts will stop

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2014
  12. reyes

reyes Registered Member

same thing happened to me. tried to run an exe the pop up appeared saying voodooshield blocked but after 5 seconds it was allowed to run even though i didnt clicked the balloon

13. Cutting_Edgetech

All the boxes in my utility tab are grayed out. None of them respond when clicking on them. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate. Is anyone else having this problem?

Attached Files:

14. guest

guest Guest

Same here

15. reyes

reyes Registered Member

yes its grayed out but it says coming soon

16. guest

guest Guest

yep , it seems it will be implemented at the end, before the final release.

17. Cutting_Edgetech

Sorry guys! Dan just emailed me about the Utility Tab coming soon. I overlooked the message.

18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just came home after several hours away, to see these popups for VS. Obviously, this shouldn't be happening. ScreenShot_VS_v2.00 beta_install_45.gif

19. guest

guest Guest

i second that ^^

20. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Hi guys,
    I haven't been keeping up with the latest bugs, so I apologize if this has been mentioned already...I just installed VS on a newly installed win 7 pc and after first reboot VS was not showing in systray until I rebooted a second time.

21. Cutting_Edgetech

Yes, that one has been reported by several different users including myself. Thanks!

22. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Thanks man, your welcome

23. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

No, it still pops up balloon saying "Voodooshield blocked", but the executable runs anyway.

Cheers,

David

24. guest

guest Guest

We informed Webroot about this behavior of WSA long time ago but it is not their priority, so no fixes are planned yet.

25. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Wait wait. I'm not the forum for a day and now we're all going to Vegas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.