VoodooShield/Cyberlock

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Dec 7, 2011.

1. VoodooShield

VoodooShield Registered Member

Once 2.0 is finished, we can figure out what we are going to do about a lifetime license. But if anyone from wilders ever needs a license, just let me know, you guys have been a lot of help and we appreciate it!

Yeah, I agree on the whitelist, it should be in the GUI as well. I will implement that soon, I just am not sure if it will be in the initial release of VS 2.0.

2. VoodooShield

Sound great, thank you for letting me know. I am hoping to make VS 2.0 load extremely fast either way.

3. VoodooShield

Thank you for letting me know. I will try to make sure VT and the allow button is working perfectly with 2.0.

4. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. Haven't noticed any pattern to it at the moment. The VT prompt hasn't worked yet.

5. VoodooShield

Sounds great, thank you, I will check it out on 8.1. VT works on 8.0, but for some reason the Save and Close button in the settings window does not work, it is kind of strange ;).

6. guest

guest Guest

:)

And what are the plans for the popups in v2?
    Right now I have to click in the balloon and then in the popups, I would prefer to have the popup appears directly and would be nice to have a more elegant/informative interface, like this
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/Resources/pop-hostsred.png
    and maybe options to allow once, block once.

7. VoodooShield

There is an option in VS 1.27 in the settings window called Deny by Default, I think that is what you are looking for, if not, please let me know.

We can include an option at some point to have a detailed popup, I think that would be a great option. But by default, we might want to keep it as simple as possible because I think there is a better chance that less advanced users will actually read the popup and make the correct decision, rather than just clicking Allow because there is just too much info on the popup.

BTW, in 2.0, when VS blocks something, it will automatically upload the hash to VT, and if the hash is not found, it will upload the file, and this will be optional. But now that I think about it, we will have to figure out what to do if the Deny by Default in settings is unchecked. I guess it should just automatically upload the hash or file unless the user disables the option, right? Boy, there is a lot to think about ;).

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Working fine, here! :)

ScreenShot_VoodooShield_AntiSpy_VT_01.gif

ScreenShot_VoodooShield_AntiSpy_VT_02.gif

ScreenShot_VoodooShield_AntiSpy_VT_03.gif

9. kjdemuth

Yes I finally got it to work. I didn't realize that it opened the browser and checked VT. I was waiting for the actual dialog box to change.

10. VoodooShield

I see, that makes sense now, thank you for letting me know. VS 2.0 will use the VT API when it blocks a file, so it will not have to open a browser to display the results.

11. VoodooShield

I just found this amazing video, it is very informative, interesting and entertaining! It is a speech made by an ex malware developer, and it explains how exploits work, how and why they do it, and why whitelisting is the future. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWORgOyCdys

12. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  13. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

That was interesting Dan - gives a new perspective. Good and entertaining presenter.

14. VoodooShield

Hi MrGump, how are you? I am not too familiar with EMET, and I do not want to tell you wrong. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with it can answer your question for both of us. I downloaded EMET a long time ago just to make sure there were no conflicts with VS, but it just kind of sits there and does its thing silently and does not conflict with anything. I think it is a great concept, and I wonder why they do not include it with all versions of Windows? From what I understand, you can add Apps to EMET, but I think the Apps that you typically add to it are ones that are vulnerable to exploits. So I am not sure if adding VS to it would be beneficial or not. Hopefully someone who is more familiar with it can explain to both of us exactly how it works. Once VS 2.0 is ready, I can take another look at it and see what I can figure out. Thank you!

15. VoodooShield

Yeah, I just stumbled upon it, he did a great job. It kind of gave me their perspective.

16. VoodooShield

BTW, a lot of people think that VS's GUI is outdated as far as appearance goes. Does anyone have any suggestions on the design and colors? I am not good with graphic design and colors (obviously) ;).

17. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

well, i think the block or denu popup looks like a typical spam popup. I don't know if you know what i mean but if you can just clean it up, the text should be cleaner and the colors and borders. The Shield could just be cleaner to. Maybe higher detail i don't know. The popup box is the most in need i thnk *puppy*

18. kjdemuth

Yeah I agree. The allow/block pop up looks a little to animated/cartoonish. No offense though. Maybe make it a little more direct. Kind of hard to describe it in words.

19. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

thanks, exactly what i meant

20. VoodooShield

Yeah, I agree with both of you guys. VS needs a shiny new look ;).

21. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

i did not search through the thread but has VS submitted itself for any evaluations like AVComparatives or something similar?

22. VoodooShield

Not yet, but hopefully soon, and I would kind of like to wait until VS 2.0 is ready, although I would be curious how VS 1.27 would do as well. Then again, I think it might be somewhat difficult for them to test an anti-executable, because I think they are mainly setup for blacklist testing. The results of any anti-executable (in theory) should be 100% effective, with a high level of false positives ;).

23. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

that makes sense to me. ty

24. guest

guest Guest

any news on the development of V2? any beta to test?

25. VoodooShield

We are getting very, very close, sorry it is taking so long. I wish I could tell you exactly when VS 2.0 willl be ready, but it really is hard to say. We just have a few more things to work out, then I just have to rewrite the installer, then we should be good to go. My best guess is within 2-3 weeks we should have a beta version for the people on Wilders to try. I will keep you guys posted, thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.