Volume exclusive access is required

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bwana, Feb 9, 2016.

1. bwana

bwana Registered Member

Why am I getting this error message when I am booting into recovery media (Paragon Suite 14) that is on a usb stick built with WinPE option but not with recovery media built as linux option onto a CD?

2. bwana

bwana Registered Member

Actually I only get this message regardless of the method I try try - USB or CD. My fault for not being thorough. When I try to do something to a hard disk labeled LVM Hard Disk 0, I get this error dialog. . I had installed linux to a partition (Ubuntu server). Why can it not be unmounted? Any ideas?

The drive in question is a Hitachi HDP725025GLA (250gig)

3. bwana

bwana Registered Member

The disk itself is fine and in fact when i boot into a linux distro on a usb, I can format it fine. I loaded up an older version of Paragon boot media (version 12) and it worked fine! I could format the disk, partition it, label it...no problem. Restarting from the Paragon 14 boot disk now the problem has resolved. I guess I still needed Ubuntu to format my hard drive and allow paragon to access it properly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.