VMware Server could not open ATI Echo created Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Virtualizer, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virtualizer

Virtualizer Registered Member

Hi, I have a problem using the ATI Echo Server feature to create virtual machines.

I have converted serveral images (from IDE and from SATA drives) to a VMware Virtual Machine with ATI Echo Server. Both virtual machines couldn´t be opened with the VMware Server 1.0.4. Error message "Invalid virtual machine".

It´s the brand new ATI Echo Server CD, fresh downloaded VMware Server (free product). Do I need some additional Patches? Are there anywhere a step-by-step manual how to create and work with ATI Echo Server created virtual machines?

Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (and maybe I have to configure VMware Server to use that machine in a special way?)

2. Virtualizer

Info: I have set up a new VM with VMware Server now and deleted the vmdk-File. I copied the ATI Echo Server virtual machine in the folder of the new VMware virtual machine. Then I have to edit the 2 (from 3 files left) config files (to accept the "new" vitual machine). Now I can start the vm :) :)

It seems to work. I continue testing ...

But: VMware informs me at the first start of that vm, that it could come to problem with an IDE Disk VM to start as a SCSI VM. It runs, but why is that message given to me?

Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (now "playing" with the vm a little bit ;-)

3. Virtualizer

Finally I´m a little bit wondering about ATI Echo Servers feature, to create Virtual Machines. It runs, yes - but I thought that ATI is able to remove the VGA/NETWORK/SOUND driver to have a "real" VMware Server VM. I must intall the VMware Tools, I must remove the not used driver, ...

But, it runs now. My wishlist (see above) is now, that ATI would create the needed config files and presented them inside a folder (included the VM itself).

This Thread can now be closed :)
    Thanks & Regards
    Torsten (virtualize now the year 2007 ;-) Happy new year! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.