VMware Player - need a little help

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Sadeghi85, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

I recently installed VMware Player 3.1.2 and tried to install Windows Me. However after using Fdisk to create an active partition and a reboot it says "Missing operating system". I don't see a way to choose boot priority, it just refuses to boot the .iso again. I then tried to use BING to partition the virtual disk but ended up with a blank window, it worked fine in Virtual PC 2007. What am I missing? o_O

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

Have you tried installing from the cd. Does your version of ME have a specific way of installing. Just in case you've missed something out from your post make sure you've followed the documentation (install guide) for your OS...pubs.vmware.

3. Sadeghi85

Meriadoc,

I've Just read "GuestOS_guide.pdf" and tried installing from the cd, it didn't work. Then I installed in MVPC and opened it in Player, it worked however I can't install the Tools, some dll's are missing. But again, I can't boot from the cd.

In step 3 & 5 of the guite it says "Choose to boot from CD-ROM", How?

4. Sadeghi85

Found the problem, had to use Esc key to enter setup and change the boot order. Now the next question, Why doesn't BING work? I see "Bootit EMBRL" message but then nothing.

5. Sadeghi85

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.