VJK, IBK & Rezjor a question on Avast shields

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kees1958, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi

I tried the setup of Newby see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=192495 on a 4 Gig@3,2 dual core with Raid0 and Avast and Avira work well together.

One question what is the advantage of setting sensitivity to high of for instance the Network Shield and the Web Shield. I can guess that it is more sensitive, but what are the effects and what does it check additionally?

Thx

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

The Network Shield is a little NIDS built to protect against network worms (Code Red, Nimda and such)

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Lucas1985,

Thx I had found an older post which informed me that it was a light network IDS which protected against worms (like sasser). I still do not know what the difference is between normal and high protection.

It is quite a nice feature that a free AV checks incoming streams, before they are executed.

Regards Kees

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I just found out this thread while searching for something else.
    Web Shield and Network Shield providers are not affected by the sensitivity slider. You can move it but there will be no diference between Normal or High mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.