Visually impaired software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Peaches4U, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

While on the hunt for software that can be used for someone who cannot use their hands & looking for voice recognition software, I was referred to software for visually impaired which is used by a teacher who has visually impaired students. I thought this might be of interest to some here.

here's a link to a site that has demos & free downloads. There is one program you can buy for $69.96.

http://www.readplease.com/index.php

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

[​IMG]

Karma cookie for you Peaches ! :)

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Thanks peaches :)

This will be a nice programme for my mother.

Snowbound

4. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I found a much better one today but it is not free. It is called ViaVoice - $69.95 at Costco [in Canada] but $29.95 online which is I believe a U.S. $ price tag. It includes a headset microphone as well. This one allows you to email, do web navigations, use voice to create & manage, send & chat. Also to command & control via voice your desktop & PC applications with ViaVoice by just saying the command name to activate the menu options, lists, buttons, etc. You can dictate, edit, format & correct using Office XP, 2000, Outlook, IE., AOL, Messenger & Netscape. It also frees you from the keyboard & mouse for many applications.

www.ScanSoft.com/ViaVoice

Our friend with Lou Gehrig's Disease will be happy about this and if he can't afford it, we will make him a gift of it and purchase it. We emailed him today to see if this software will suit his needs as he now is barely able to use a mouse.

I truly hope this information will help others. Cheers & thanks for the cookies ... yummy!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.