Vista x64 gave BSOD + Outlook errors

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Hahaiah, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hahaiah

Hahaiah Registered Member

I gave this a try thankfully just after a did a True Image Backup, otherwise it would have been a disaster. Tested this twice to be sure.

After install, I use Outlook 2007 with BCM and Accounting 2008 both integrated. After the Beta is installed and I open Outlook. ALL mail is now found in TASKS labeled NO DATE.

Worse for my system is that on the 1st REBOOT, I can BSOD = IRQ NOT EQUAL etc.

Too bad, aside from seeming a bit clunky to get into specific firewall rules etc, it seemed to perform ok. obviously a lil short to get any serious testing in.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Not sure about the outlook thing, but BSOD's are usually down to out-of-date drivers or hardware problems.

3. Hahaiah

Hahaiah Registered Member

Yes I agree, I hadn't seen a BSOD in quite a while. But again, I did a complete system restore and tested this twice. The only change made was installing the ESET Beta. Seems to run fine until REBOOT.

Both issues I found interesting.

Not a big deal, just posted it in case someone else has same problem, otherwise, probably something on my end, hopefully final will magically make it disappear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.