Vista version of NOD32 (well sort of....)

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by geircito, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geircito

geircito Registered Member

I discovered today that Eset has made a "new" 2.5 version that is ALMOST Vista compatible. In the NOD32 info window it says that the version is 2.51.30.

You'll find the "new" version here: http://www.eset.com/download/index.php
    It's the test version, so you have to upgrade to full registered version after the first restart of the computer.

It install in Vista and running WITHOUT disableing "Application Compatibility Engine" in Group Policy.

BUT......

Still, the on-demand scanner doesn't work (compatibility issue...).

Also the installer itself has compatibility issues.
    You need to extract the installation files, quit the installer, and then go to the folder that you extracted the files and run "setup.exe" (run as plain regular user). You'll discover that some of the files in the installation folder has "new" dates and sizes compared to the earlier ones.
    After running "setup.exe" and restarted the computer NOD32 is starting and working as "usual" showing it's icon in the notification area.

---

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

2.7 will work on Vista ... Not far from release :)

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Version 2.51.30 is absolutely the same as version 2.51.26
    It is just that 26 is the paid version , 30 is the trial .

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=821492&postcount=3

4. geircito

The trial version 2.51.30 I downloaded today isn't the same I downloaded a few weeks back. The installation files from the version I downloaded earlier is almost all dated 19 July 2006, but in the version I downloaded today there are several files dated in September - the latest 20 Oct 2006. They also differ in size, so it's definitely a "new" trial version of 2.51.30.

With the "old" trial version of 2.51.30 it wasn't possible to install NOD32 without disabling the "Application Compatibility Engine" in Vista. With the "new" trial version of 2.51.30 that I downloaded today I can enable the "Application Compatibility Engine" in Vista and still install NOD32 (from the installation folder).

--

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It is not the same as your file downloaded a few weeks ago because the installer has been updated with the latest signature on a regularly basis.

I think this is a good idea to update the installer with newer signatures, so that the user can take less time to update to the latest signature when he is checking the signature online for the first time after installing NOD32.

If the installer is not updated with the latest signature, you may have to download many MB of updated signature when you peform the first online signature check after installing NOD32.

6. geircito

Still, the one I downloaded last differ from earlier versions as I am able to use NOD32 in Vista without disabling the "Application Compatibility Engine".

--

7. gregaSI

gregaSI Registered Member

You are right....

the installer has been updated with the latest signature on a regularly basis.

Right too...

Thats all whats new here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.