Vista - two questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RCG99, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCG99

RCG99 Registered Member

I have just "upgraded"(?) from XP to Vista and find that TI (latest version just downloaded) seems to behave differently.
    Under Vista, if I use a TI boot disk to create a full disk image, it takes much longer to do the job than using the installed program. Under XP, the time appeared to be about the same using either method.
    Q1 - Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
    Q2 - Is the created image identical using both methods?

Thanks for any advice!

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Yes and Yes. If your previous version of TI was faster from the Recovery CD, that was most likely because the Linux drivers were a better fit for your system than the TI 10 Linux drivers.

It's annoying when things get slower instead of faster, but that seems to be a common observation with TI 10 Recovery CD. An alternative is to create a Bart's PE boot CD since it can use the Windows drivers.

3. RCG99

RCG99 Registered Member

Many thanks jmk, for your reassurance.
    I will take your advice and look at the BART option.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When you have tried it, report back on what you find. We are all interested in how things work out.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RCG99,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that as jmk94903 mentioned the standalone version of Acronis True Image is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers, which are used for getting access to all hardware devices. Thus, image creation/restoration time may be different when using Acronis True Image under Windows and when using the standalone version (booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD).

As for your second question, please find my reply in this previous thread <Which way to backup?>, it should answer you question

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.